NATO 20 Liter Jerry Can

rajin cajun

Adventurer
Enamel coating from Deutsche Optik

Hello,

Does anyone know what type of enamel coating is in the NATO cans from Deutsche Optik?

I emailed the company and was told the jerry can has an enamel coating and I could put ANYTHING inside??? They also told me that it came with a pink gasket, which I know at the very least needs to be changed. If it has a water coating, I believe the gas would dissolve the enamel which I don't want in my fuel tank.

Any thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance.

gonejeeping15

Adventurer
Just ordered a Nato can from roverparts, does anyone sell a metal strap that locks them down? I know AT sells a can holder, a little spendy for my needs and I saw the ones at roverparts, not really what I was looking for.

Thanks

Doug

gonejeeping15

Adventurer
Nato can

Just ordered a Nato can from roverparts, does anyone sell a metal strap that locks them down? I know AT sells a can holder, a little spendy for my needs and I saw the ones at roverparts, not really what I was looking for.

Thanks

Doug

Just received my Nato can today and it is excellent quality and it is "not" marked "not for fuel", I am going to order another one today. Shipping was also cheaper than quoted.

rajin cajun

Adventurer
NATO fuel cans Deutsche Optik

I ordered some of the new NATO cans from Deutsche Optik. I posted questions about the gasket and enamel coating. I conducted a comparative analysis of aforementioned cans to identical cans from Atlantic British. Well both have the same coating for petro and the same gaskets.

No doubts.......

A funny thought, can I put diesel in my petro cans?

Stay safe everyone.......happy trails

postalWagon

Adventurer
As far as I am aware a NATO spec can be used for petrol or diesel. The only thing that be comes a chalange is marking them, unless you can find tags that fit the two holes to left of the spout or use a blast of yellow spray paint on the spout.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I have to say that little fuel pump would be handy. The super siphon is great, but there are times when you are down to the last few inches and it the siphon stops it is difficult to start over.

If you already have OBA, this little filler would be very handy.

TanamiCutAway1.jpg

The Wizard

Observer
Off-Roader,

First, It is NOT a "siphon system". It is a PRESURIZED system. And as for it being complex, you know what they say: "Complex does not always mean difficult!". Actually, It is quite simple to use. And it is not dependent on the height of the fuel can. Based on my experience it empties a 20 liter can faster than a siphon. And when the zombies are after you: seconds count. (Too much "Walking Dead" over the weekend.)

mellstull

Steel Jerry Can Transfer Pump Siphon Tanami Pro - R on ebay

I have to say that little fuel pump would be handy. The super siphon is great, but there are times when you are down to the last few inches and it the siphon stops it is difficult to start over.

If you already have OBA, this little filler would be very handy.

TanamiCutAway1.jpg

Steel Jerry Can Transfer Pump Siphon Tanami Pro - R

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94