NATO 20 Liter Jerry Can

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
I received this email the other day, when I checked online the website said they were backordered. Since there were 2 available, maybe they just don't update the status. If interested, you may want to try calling CTD to see if they're available.

Some time ago, you requested notification when particular products were back in stock at CheaperThanDirt.com. Email questions to customerservice@cheaperthandirt.com.
ZBQ-1425 NATO Style 5 Gallon Fuel Can Four Pack and Free Nozzle $119.97
2 available
NOTE: Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice, but were valid at the time this email was sent.

Be sure to check the reviews before purchasing, these are "NATO style" so it sounds like they're a little sub-par.

saburai

Explorer
Nice!

Great find!
That would be very convenient for me, I wouldn't have to take the can off the bumper rack:sombrero:
Do you know of any distributors shipping to the U.S.?

I have to say that little fuel pump would be handy. The super siphon is great, but there are times when you are down to the last few inches and it the siphon stops it is difficult to start over.

If you already have OBA, this little filler would be very handy.

TanamiCutAway1.jpg

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
After The Wizard posted the link to the Tanami Pump I emailed them asking if anyone carried them in the US. They don't, but they said they would gladly ship them directly to anyone in the States. I did not ask about price or shipping though.

The Wizard

Observer
I purchased my Tanami Pump directly from Downunder. I ordered online and it took about 2 weeks to get here. I will dig through my cave to see if I can find out how much I paid.

OK, I ordered my pump back in April 2011 and paid by PayPAl. The total cost was AUD94.90. Which at the time converted to USD102.63. I know that seem like a lot of money but I think it is weel worth the price!

Last edited:

The Wizard

Observer
Saburai,

That was the total cost including shipping. I just pulled up my PayPal account and looked what I got charged for. When I get back to the cave I see if I can find the invoice and see if I was charged shipping. Oh by the way, I just remembered that that cost also included the storage bag for the pump. So just the pump by itself will cost less.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Those look good to me. Seems to be real Germany Bund Surplus. $40 with free shipping is a good deal.

ckkone

Explorer
Just a quick FYI

I ordered 6 of the cans above and safety siphon, I will post up some pics when I receive them. The nozzles can be found but they cost more than the cans and really the a siphon or funnel should work just fine. Besides my arms would be burning by the end of the first can holding it up while filling with a nozzle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles