Trailer thoughts/ideas

java

Expedition Leader
yeah, I hear the guy is some sort of genius or something?!?!

http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/312301-unique-m416-style-trailer-project.html

post #38 kicks off the idea. I will ... ahem... I hear he will be breaking ground on the frame tomorrow!

that is a very cool idea, mine was trying to be much more simplistic, bein that the rack stays on the trailer full time. i just want to raise and lower the RTT.

has anyone tried to shorten one of the electric lift legs for a camper?

bob

Adventurer
Take a look at motordrives thread in the FJ cruiser forum under camping equipment. He used camper legs to do it and just loves the thing. I think it is under Blackbear and baby bear something.

java

Expedition Leader
Take a look at motordrives thread in the FJ cruiser forum under camping equipment. He used camper legs to do it and just loves the thing. I think it is under Blackbear and baby bear something.

awesome thanks! searching now.

bob

Adventurer
I am putting a roof rack on mine but due to the slope in the front I will have to use a scissor system to raise it for the roof top tent to set level. This is still a little ways away, but you have to be thinking ahead.

bob

Adventurer
I think motodrives does about 2.5 feet using a scissor system with legs. I have seen it, but never paid much attention to it. Will look closer at it the next time I see him.

java

Expedition Leader
I think motodrives does about 2.5 feet using a scissor system with legs. I have seen it, but never paid much attention to it. Will look closer at it the next time I see him.
Sweet. Ill have to look at the Thule legs.

java

Expedition Leader
you can do a simple slip tube design with a cross pin at different heights to provide height adjustment.

That is nice and tight without slop? This will be my first big build so forgive me if its a stupid question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke