Who carries Escape Gear seat covers in the USA?

Wander

Expedition Leader
I was trying to find a source for these last night. I believe EE used to cary them but I could not find them listed on their site. Looking for seat covers for my 97 DI and heard these are well made.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
They are very close to the M&M's. From what I am hearing, you can't get the M&M's right now (justin, maybe you can shed some light on that?)
There was a comparison video done about two years ago on the M$M's (no that dollar sign is not a freudian slip) verses the Escape Gear. The results were the M&Ms a little tougher canvas, but not by much.
These are true South African canvas seat covers. I love the M&M's - don't get me wrong, but Equipt1 has the DI's in stock!
D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Well, I had not been able to find M&M's for the last 16 months. I had a dialogue going with D. Moon (of the Melvill and Moon company) and suddenly all communications ceased. Then I heard that Exmoor was no longer carrying their product. When I last checked they were only available at Rovers North and a set for the DI was just shy of $1000.00 and then they didn't have them anymore.
The Escape Gear are about $700 for the truck.
You can't find Land Rover Waterproof covers anymore (unless you luck up and find a well cared for used set).
And the Canvas covers are cheaper than having the truck seats reupholstered!

So that was the route I chose.

D

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Hey guys late to this, but we are the official importer for North America for all Escape Gear Products!!! Here is a link to our site: http://www.equipt1.com/companies/Seat Covers/category-eg/120450-seat-covers
if you have specific pricing questions or don't see something listed just give Paul or myself a shout. I have been running these covers for 8 months or so on my 80 Series Land Cruiser and love them. Dendy should be getting his Monday and hopefully he will chime in about the ease of installation and quality!!:ylsmoke:

We have lots of images at the link above under several vehicles, but I'm posting a few of images from my actual vehicle's covers. I love the side pocket for my portable 2m Ham Radio.

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

Last edited:

Wander

Expedition Leader
Thanks for posting Ben. Look for a call from me in July. I'll probably start with front seats unless there is a price break if you by the whole set at once. Great looking product. Just to let you know, when I googled" Escape Gear seat covers" only .za (South African) sites came up which is why I didn't know it was you he carried them.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Dang I wish these were made for a wider range of vehicles. I would love to have something like these available...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne