Mitsubishi Fuso FG Expedition Vehicle

Tarik

Not mine (I wish!), but really nice vehicle:

Link:
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Mitsubishi-Fuso-FG-Expedition-Vehicle_14077573

Price:
$122,000 (Canadian)

Description:
TRUCK
- 2005 Mitsubishi Fuso 4X4
- 48,000 kms
- DOHC 4-stroke cycle, water cooled, turbocharged inter-cooled diesel
- In-line four cylinder
- 147 hp @ 2700 rpm / 347 lb.-ft. @ 1600 rpm
- 5 speed OD MT with 2 speed transfer case
- Auxiliary fuel tank mounted (125 litres); total fuel capacity 250 litres
- Aluminum custom toolboxes mounted under bed on each side
- Aluminum flat-deck (multiple tie-down points) with hidden fifth wheel hitch
- Alpine IDAX305 i-pod ready stereo and Alpine speakers
- Air ride drivers seat
- Tekonsha brake controller
- Heavy duty 2.5 inch hitch
- Full maintenance records since new

CAMPER
- Custom aluminum removeable camper
- Maple panelling, cork floors and stainless steel cabinets and hardware throughout
- Stainless Steel Marine Grade Appliances; Force 10 heater, Dickinson 2-burner drop down stove, Dometic sink, National Luna 90 litre fridge/freezer
- 100 litre fresh water, 50 litre grey water, stainless steel water filler and city water hookup
- Custom 2-way privacy blinds
- Power; 4 X 6V Interstate deep-cycle batteries charged via vehicle, shore power or solar panel, 12 volt DC or 110 volt AC outlets with inverter
- Thule-pro rack with Spirit 1600 box
- Barn doors at rear for easy loading of bikes/motorcycles
- Use the truck for work and the camper for play
- Only a superficial list on this one of a kind expedition camper
- Email for full details
- Best offer considered on serious inquiries.

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
IMO, its needs to get down to the $40-$60K level for a faster sell. Or, to even sell at all.

Cab chassis alone -$25K (it was around $30-$32K brand New in 2005). obviously the pre-DPF models have gone up in value, but not more than the original sell price. or maybe I am wrong?

Camper/flatbed frame -($10-20k?)

I have personally never sold a vehicle that I modified, and yielded even a penny for the added mods and parts that have costed thousands of dollars. Dont think a custom camper is much different.

heartbreaking or walletbreaking?

pattersonimages

Adventurer
agree

I agree on the "lower" sale price. The Truck looks to be in amazing shape - but like you said additions and mods dont really EVER give profit to the owner, and vehicles dump value most of the time year after year. The truck seems modified for the person who created it..Although Highly customized for some maybe not others. From the images, looks like a very basic "toy hauler" RV. Not having a pass-through is a big negative in my mind as well. The option to remove the camper and use the truck for work is a great asset, but that being said, for the price, you could pick up a low km early Fuso, and throw on a very luxurious ( maybe even slightly used) Bigfoot or similar fiberglass trailer sans-running gear, as we have seen done by others, for a much cheaper price tag.

dingodog

Looked at this truck, it needs about 50k more put into it to be usable. The box is very small, windows and doors are all in the wrong places, no suspension control between the frame and sub-frame. nothing inside but a one small counter. No systems installed. One the outside it looks great but it is little more than a box on a flat deck. Price should be around 50k.

jfarsang

Adventurer
Looked at this truck, it needs about 50k more put into it to be usable. The box is very small, windows and doors are all in the wrong places, no suspension control between the frame and sub-frame. nothing inside but a one small counter. No systems installed. One the outside it looks great but it is little more than a box on a flat deck. Price should be around 50k.

ouch

dingodog

Just the same, it is a great looking truck and all the work on the chassis is done, it is a good platform, low kl. considering it takes about 150-200k to finish off one of these things another 50k on top of the cost of the chassis still gets you a great rig. You just have to do the work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne