Need help with a place to do a 3.4L swap

ADV-R

Observer
So Im looking for a reparable place not to far from PDX that offers some kind of warranty on there work to do a 3.4L swap on a 86 Toyota pickup with a tired 22r and 5sp trans. Ive been looking into the pros and cons of my engine options for my truck for a while now and Im sold on the 3.4L.

I have been trying to research on my own with not a lot of luck so if anyone has an idea I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks...
Ryan

corax

Explorer
These guys are about 10 minutes south of Eugene: http://toyonlyswaps.com/

I don't know about the quality of work, but last month when I bought a transmission from them and it ended up being bad they took it back and gave me a refund without any hassle (I've heard of many people that get stuck after buying bad used parts). Cliff was the guy I dealt with and he seemed like a stand-up sort of guy, I didn't get a shady vibe from him.

AUTO360

Adventurer
3.4 swap

just going to throw this out there. Would it not just be better to sell the truck and purchase a used Tacoma that already is set up with a 3.4? I know years ago I would get these ideas to do engine swaps and straight axles...and all that other stuff. But the cost to swap just never seemed worth it. Plus, many times value goes down. An 86' Toy with a 3.4 won't be worth much more than a stock one if you decided to sell. Anyway, just my 2 cents. In the end its all up to you.

Matt

I agree with aut0360,

but if you really like that body style, try to find an 88 with the 3.0 In it and do the 3.4 swap in that. It will be much easier than swapping it into a 4cyl truck.

Just my opinion.....

ADV-R

Observer
I understand your point and with a case of beer over a camp fire we could debate it all night.

Let me just say under my circumstaces a 3.4L swap makes the most since for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne