My new trailer/camper build

nobodyspecial

Observer
I had been looking for a trailer that I could use for storage and moving. In my searches, I found one that can also be used for camping (its also set up for ice fishing). Its a 2005 6x12 Haulmark. It is slightly used, but in really good shape. It has been lined with spray insulation and then paneled over that. There has been more lights added, and a stereo that will run off either the vehicle or 12v battery in the trailer. It is also plumbed for a propane heater big enough to heat a garage. The guy said that they went a little overboard on the heater, and the the trailer is so well insulated that the pilot light is just about enough to heat it. :D

I am planning, in the future, to replace the tires with the same tires and wheels that I have on the Mountaineer, so in a worse case scenario, if I were to get two flats, my trailer spare is the same as the truck.

These pictures are just from when I went to pick it up.
18d15a6d.jpg

b247d0cf.jpg

Sams club is no joke! (Stocking the camps snackery to the tune of roughly $950!) :D
cad70df6.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
thats exactly what im looking at doing. looking foreward to how you find it holds up to rough roads. is that a 6'6" ceiling model?

corrupt

Observer
wow there is alot of sugar there. So a spring over and some armor for thoses corners? With a few bodys sleeping in there you wont even need a heater.

nobodyspecial

Observer
Seems big to be going on any trails.
I agree completely. Thats not what it will be used for. It will be set up as a base camp, and we can head out with a smaller trailer that I am currently designing. (pre build)

wow there is alot of sugar there. So a spring over and some armor for thoses corners? With a few bodys sleeping in there you wont even need a heater.
As for the sugar, I am a summer camp manager, and I had to fill our snackery. It just so happened that there was a sams club in the town i picked up the trailer in, so it was the whole two birds with one stone thing. ;)

nobodyspecial

Observer
I have been trying to decide on what to do for beds. One temporary idea was a cheap couch/futon thingy. Then we could sit in it during the day. You have a link to those bunk beds you are talking about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz