Sequoia slow mild build

sseaman

Adventurer
I picked up a half used set of 285/70-17 Nitto TG's this week for $100 and got them mounted today! I am now 4"+ over stock height and loving it. I forgot to snap a pic before pulling it in the garage and pulling the carpets to shampoo them. I will get one up tomorrow. I also received the new fog and driving lights I plan to convert to HID as soon as the kits arrive. I will write up the process and take pics

sseaman

Adventurer
Pics with 285/70-17's

attachment.php

Last edited:

VW Jeeper

Observer
As a Tundra owner, I've always had a soft spot for the 1st Gen Sequoia's. The lift and tires look great, now we need some pics of it in the dirt :)

sseaman

Adventurer
The pic is showing up for me, is it still not working?

My oldest daughter and I took it out a couple week ago to Land Between the Lakes and hit some of the dirt trails to the lake, it was covered in mud when we got back.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
The pic is showing up for me, is it still not working?

My oldest daughter and I took it out a couple week ago to Land Between the Lakes and hit some of the dirt trails to the lake, it was covered in mud when we got back.

Tonight I am still getting a red X. This is from home or work.

sseaman

Adventurer
I worked on the sliders this weekend, I went with 2" square .125 tubing for the rails and legs, 1 1/2" square .125 to connect the rails, and 1/4" plate to bolt to the frame with grade 8 hardware. I used factory holes on the frame and think it is plenty strong enough since I am not planning any rock crawling adventures. They provide a nice step for the kiddos have better clearance than the factory steps and should also give nice side protection. It ended up costing around $300 with the metal, cutting wheels and welding wire. It was all done with my Century 80 wire welder that gave good penetration. This project gave me a good opportunity to improve my welding ability, not much grinding needed.

Sorry the pics are bad it has been raining outside, I will upload better ones when the weather clears.

Here is a pic with the legs attached and most welding complete. Then with the rear door open, drivers door open, a full side view, the brackets underneath, and plate on backside of frame

Attachments

• sliders_w_brackets (Medium).jpg
    sliders_w_brackets (Medium).jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 255
  • slider_rear_door (Medium).jpg
    slider_rear_door (Medium).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 248
  • slider_drivers_door (Medium).jpg
    slider_drivers_door (Medium).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 244
  • slider_side_view (Medium).jpg
    slider_side_view (Medium).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 362
  • slider_bracket (Medium).jpg
    slider_bracket (Medium).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 314
  • Slider_back_bracket (Medium).jpg
    Slider_back_bracket (Medium).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 265

Stick Figure

Observer
I was reminded of your build when you posted in my thread and came back by to check it out. I wanted to make a couple of late comments about the sliders.

I love the look, and I'm tempted to do something similar since that is on the short list of mods that I feel really need to happen sooner than later on my 4runner. I am wondering if you have any gussets that I can't see? My concern is that if you used them as a jack point, or on a rock (i know you said you won't be rock crawling) that the vertical plate could bend and put the whole slider into the truck. I'm thinking either triangulate the mounting bracket, or make them "U" under the frame rail to give them some sort of lower anchor point. Of course all of this might not matter as you could have some gussets that I just can't see in the pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne