Sequoia slow mild build

sseaman

Adventurer
I recently swapped the tires to 285/70-17 Firestone ATs, I ran theae on a 4Runner a while back and was please with them. Not much else has been done, other than an O2 sensor that needs to be replaced.

sseaman

Adventurer
I ordered OME 60002 shocks to replace the rear factory as they seem to be getting worse since lifting it last fall. It took about an hour and a half from start to finish with no major issue. The ride seems much improved in a quick spin around the neighborhood.

Rival

Great info. I'm considering adding a 4x4 Sequoia to the stable (96 FZJ80 and 2000 UZJ100 Land Cruisers), just to have something "different" to wheel.

Any new additions / changes to your Sequoia?

XPEDBC

Adventurer
Always happy to see people utilizing these trucks!

Those sliders look great. I wish I had the fab skills to put some on mine. I found removing the side steps makes a HUGE difference in the look of the truck. Less minivan and more truck.

ghilltx

ANYONE RUNNING 35" TIRES ON THEIR '01-'07 SEQUOIA?

Hello, I have owned my 2004 Sequoia Limited 4WD since new. It's now at 155,000 pampered miles and I want to do some off-roading. I currently run P285/70/17 Khumos (almost 50,000 miles on them) on the stock Limited alloy rims with no rubbing. I want to do a 2 1/2" lift and run some 35" tires. Has anyone done this? It appears that I will have to lose or modify the front mud flaps (no biggie) and maybe do some trimming of the inner fender (no biggie).

My major concern is rubbing on the front control arms and wondering if anyone has figured out the right wheel/tire combination to prevent that. I do not want to use wheel spacers. The plan is to run some Method Racing "The Standard" 17x9 wheels with the tallest and widest Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires I can fit on her. Thanks, appreciate the help and continued good luck with your builds on this thread. Glad to see some other Sequoia lovers taking the plunge!'04 Sequoia.jpg

ghilltx

Dr. Grand, have you bumped into that Sequoia running the 35's? I'm still trying to figure out how to make that work without doing a ton of expensive trial and error purchases. I tried to get the local guys at 4Wheel Parts and Discount Tire to hire me for a weekend, but that didn't pan out, LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne