What is the wet weight of your expedition trailer ?

The Boy Scout

Thinking of building a off-road camping trailer, but not starting with the common M101 platform, or the M416 platform, or a pop up. I could be significantly heavier.

Those that have adventure trailers, can you tell me what axel weight & toungue weight you run when loaded with propane, water, etc for the weekend?

Trying to get a feel for the range of weights folks are running, after everyody does thier own modifications.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've seen trailers from 800 pounds to about 2500.
My Conqueror was about 2000 fully loaded; I think my Little guy has got to be about 2300 or 2400 by the time food and water are on board.

What's your tow rig? "Heavy" and "light" are relative terms and hp/torque is the issue.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Water really really weighs alot. Canned food, fridge, fresh food, chairs, tables, skid plates, etc.
My Conqueror was mostly double-walled steel too. Stainless work panels on the flip-down doors.
It adds up...

The Boy Scout

I have seen several builds with pop-ups and military trailers, but wondering how wildly impractical it would be to put wide 35's under a small travel trailer for beach camping and winter use. I am crazy busy during the summer, and it seems the wife & I don't get out alone till fall & winter. Plus we have an annual (summer) trip with the grand kids on the beach. We have really enjoyed our RTT, but just thinking about the next project/challenge.

The camper trailer I am looking at is 16ft, rear bumper to hitch, has an axle weight of 1,800 lbs (dry) and a tounge weight of 200(?) lbs. Tow vehicle will be an SC'ed FZJ80.

Sounds like I might be pushing the limits, but not completely ill-advised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles