purifying creek water

eric1115

Adventurer
I'll add another thumbs up for the MiniWorks. I had that MSR for years and years, then it disappeared when loaning it to my brother, who loaned it to a friend of his. I shopped around, feeling like this was an opportunity to get a nicer filter, then bought another MiniWorks to replace it.

Gooseberry

Explorer
I have used my pump filter for years and the only addition to it is a miox pen from MSR. If the water is really bad I will do both. I have just used the pen when in the high country. I believe it needs to be simple and easy to clean and I would rather take time pumping to insure good water. Only once did wish it would pump faster and that was in the high country above bishop and the bugs oh the bugs.

Errant

Explorer

Colin Hughes

Explorer
I spent a week at a campground this past summer and the water tasted like drinking diluted javex as they wanted to make sure it was absolutely safe. Does the MSR Miniworks or the Hiker Pro help with this (ie: removing the taste of javex)? We had to go and buy a case of bottled water for drinking it was so strong. I'd rather get a product that will avoid having to do this and also be capable when we do wild camping. I spent some time yesterday looking at various different models at the local Sail Outdoor Store, those that remove viruses, those that don't pens, etc. I'm leaning towards the MSR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz