Ford Superduty build.

seanpistol

Explorer
hmm is BDS the cats pajamas for super duty flex? i've heard good things about Carli with dodges. i'm strongly considering buying a 95-97 7.3l 5 spd shortbed supercab, swapping in a dana 60- want it to sit 3-4" taller than stock with 37s and be able to flex... i wish i could find the thread and photo of the guy on pirate with the furst gen reg cab powerstroke flexing like i've never seen a diesel do

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
From my Jeep days, BDS was allways a quality spring. Soft and flexy like Rubicon express. So BDS "gets it" about flex. Procomp, Skyjacker were way too stiff for real off road use. Those were for looks only. I'd imagine you're looking at springs all the way around, tracbar bracket, and pitman arm to lift that.
-
Carli and Pureperformance only seem to offer kits for the coil spring newer trucks.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am doing a similar build but with a 2wd 5.4l crew 8ft box. I am using the fabtech 6" lift and 35's. The truck is an xl model we picked up for the work crew, but since we are now shopping out our work, I have a spare truck. Instead of buying a new 40k truck for me, take the paid off one, lift it to look like a 4wd model, add some nice tires, wheels, flares and accessories and put a rear selectable locker in. Extra grip, looks and performance without a huge price tag. One good thing with the xl trucks is the sealed beam headlights. They can be swapped out to truck lite square LED headlights. My truck lites in my JK unlimited work amazing so these should too!

Good luck with the SD build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior