Landrover 110 camper

Landroverholic

Observer
Hi All

Thought it was time to introduce my project that I have been building over the last 4 years.
1985 Landrover 110 County heavy duty chassis
1968 ex Australian army blood box converted and modified to camper
Front Salisbusy and rear heavy duty Salisbury axles
LT 95 with tapered roller bearing kit
4 in lift with twin shocks all round
Michelin XZL 255/100 16 (37 in) on steel 16x8
A few other mods!!

Attachments

• IMG_3914.JPG
    IMG_3914.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 672
  • P4300152.JPG
    P4300152.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_3994.JPG
    IMG_3994.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_3953.JPG
    IMG_3953.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 506

Landroverholic

Observer
A couple of extra brackets were welded to the rear cross member to support the rear body.

Initially it had a series square screen but I decided to change that to a heated Defender screen which took a bit of cutting and fabricating. I still have a little too much flex around the screen area so will have a custom front cage and rack built soon to tighten things up a little.

The rear barn doors were removed and a new rear frame made up to stiffen the rear body. One of the doors was then centally mounted to open upwards on gas struts.

The rear body was then reskinned in aluminium sheeting windows fitted etc and the whole thing resprayed.

Canvas awnings are fitted to the rear and the side.

Thanks for the encouraging comments. Although not finished (are they ever??) its been a long project. However I was rewarded by shipping it from Australia to the UK recently and have just driven it through the Northern part of the Sahara in Morocco- sadly time was against me to go further.

Next year to Alaska if all goes to plan

Thanks

Callum

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
WOW ! That is one fantastic Rover :sombrero:

Welcome !

I like the 255/100R16 XZLs fitted, too :Wow1:

Thank you for the photos.

Please feel free to post many more ! ! ! :ylsmoke:

gjackson

FRGS
Wow, beautiful truck. The tires look perfect. From the sticker and transmission I assume you have Isuzu power?

cheers

Landroverholic

Observer
A few more pictures

Yes Isuzu power. Turbocharged intercooled and with 3 inch exhaust. A fantastic engine. 360,000 kms with no problems.

Sadly I have no interior pics

Have included a few others tho

Michelin 255/100 16s are great if very noisy at 100kph. Only 4 tread blocks across the width of the tyre so I guess no surprises there! Isuzu and 4 speed box pull them easily though. Great footprint when aired down in sand. Takes a while to pump them up though!!

Attachments

• IMG_3998.JPG
    IMG_3998.JPG
    304.3 KB · Views: 225
  • P1010636.JPG
    P1010636.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 295
  • P4040781.JPG
    P4040781.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_3902.JPG
    IMG_3902.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 240

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
It certainly looks well suited to the purpose.

Would you describe the interior and layout, perhaps, if there are no photos ?

Thank you also for the impression of those XZL tires. They are considered "unobtanium" here in that size, so not many of us know what they are like to live with (noisy)...

Landroverholic

Observer
Photos? Yes Kev some taken in Morocco and the others in Scotland. I'm back in Australia now so think its time to bring the Landrover back for a little tinkering before its next trip!!

just a few things to get done in the UK first. A roll cage at the front with overscreen rack by Protection and Performance in England and a diesel heating/hot water system to be finished.

Callum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier