Cruise Moab 06. Who's going? What are you running?

clarkrw3

Observer
Hi All

Well the registration opened this week for Cruise Moab so I was wondering how many there are here that are going and what trails on what days are you signing up for? I thought that it would be cool for some of the expedition portal family to run some trails together. I included my 3 choices for each day in the order I requested them.

My choices for each day is as follows
Thursday
Hells Revenge
Cliff Hanger
Golden spike
Friday
Cliff Hanger
Metal Masher
Moab Rim
Sat
Golden Spike
Kane Creek Canyon
Metal Masher

Hope to see you all there:gunt:

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
The most expedition like of your trail options are as follows:

Thu: Hells Revenge
Sat: Kane Creek

Gotta talk to the CEO (wife) and see if she's coming with new baby, or just me & my older son....

clarkrw3

Observer
here is the web site
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/cruisemoab.asp

I know moab wheeling isn't very expeditionish but I will do some of that on the way up by maybe going through canyon de chelly and then I will be doing a trip through canyon lands NP. Bring the little one...my wife will be coming with our son who will be 5mo old by then.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
I'm always out there a few weeks before hand every year, due to my work schedule. Looks like I won't have my rig back together though in time this year and will probably just have the Silverado and my bikes.:cool: I'm not sure how I feel about Cruise Moab. I understand its a great event, but for me, getting out in the back country is to get away from people and that just seems to busy for me. I'm sure it is super fun but I think I'd prefer go there still on the non peak times.

Pskhaat

FWIW, CM is a very low key event IMO. It's nothing like EJ or the like. Though I often attend, most of my time is taking off from the group, or finding a group of people that want to take a side trip.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Yeah, maybe my oppinion was incorrectly formed after having been in Moab during EJS. That was nooooo fun to be around.:(

Pskhaat

Guys, I'm out this year. 8 hours each way with the kid in the car to only put him back in his seat for 5-8 hours each day isn't fair to him. He likes going off-road, but not that much.

I may decide to renegade it and just go hiking and some small trails with him and maybe meet for a rogue easy run or something, but I'll have to play that by ear.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I love Moab and all.......

.....and it's fun to be on the trail with some buds......

But I just don't understand the thrill of paying $95 bucks to get out in a traffic jam in the dirt?:(

I can stay home and do that for free!

Maybe I should experience it at least once though just to try and prove myself wrong.

Pskhaat

I think it's just the camaraderie, and if you're a Toy/LC fan, just running with others and being able to see what other mods everyone else is done. The $ is just group access fees a dinner, insurance, maintenance, etc.

It's worth a trip to CM even if it's a bill out of the pocket.

dmc

Adventurer
i would agree that CM is far more about seeing 100+ Toyotas parked together at dinner or hanging out with other toyota nuts on the trail. moab is far better other weekends but it's nice to share the trail with like minded people.
dmc

DSRTRDR

Michael and I are going to be there, we put in with preference for Golden Spike (Thur), Steelbender (Fri), Moab Rim (Sat) and these and Hell's Revenge and Posion Spider Mesa as backups.

I've been to Moab with the K5's before, both as passenger and with the FJ40, and we also happened to be there last Easter Jeep Safari, but we stayed away from trails with official runs. I would not go to EJS again, but it's just fun meeting other like-minded wheelers, and to experience the whole athmosphere.

I still think that there is a special sociology to wheeling, and one of these days, I might get around to "scientifically" documenting it...........;)

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I would love to go. I been to EJS two previous times and like has been said, the crowds are just too much anymore. However, I think CM is on a much smaller scale. Unfortunately, my plate is just too full this year. Maybe next time.

Later,
Jack

Pskhaat

Okay, we may be going (will take 2 days to get up there with the fam), but only on a Renegade basis. Question for everyone:

Would anyone like to do a non-sactioned trail? I know the area like the back of my hand I'd be happy to lead/participate. Options (more expedition-like than CM) are:

Longer Ones (full day+)
1. White Rim
2. Lockhardt Basic
3. The Green River Bottom
4. Dark Canyon

Short Fun Ones (1/2 - 3/4 day)
5. Sand Dunes
6. Gemini Bridges (Lower)
7. Happy Canyon (one of my favorites, very unknown)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94