Standing Tub for Camping hot shower?

kilimats

Observer
i rigged up a nice solution for our van. One hula hoop cut down to size of a ~3ft diam kiddie blow up pool (~6" deep). Standard shower curtain hooked on hula hoop and base of curtain falls inside of pool. Takes ~10 breaths of air to fill pool, hook hoop on interior roof of van, pump up insulated 1 gallon garden sprayer filled with 50/50 mix of boiling/cold water and we get 2 five minute showers back to back. Hole thing folds down to ~2" by ~38" in a bag.

sounds like a nice solution, any picture ? having a hard time imagining what it would be like

Hafwit

Adventurer
I would think that the aluminum stand sitting inside of a larger plastic tub would make more sense--kind of like a turkey roasting pan with the rack to suspend the bird and the pan to collect the drippings. If the stand kept you above the accumulated waste water in the tub below, that would be ideal. You could then dump your waste water after your shower wherever it is most appropriate.

Cheers,
Greg

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
home improvement stores sell a plastic tray that goes under water heaters...it is shallow enough to transport easily and has a side drain spout which can be hooked up to a drain hose to let the water run off away from the vehicle

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
home improvement stores sell a plastic tray that goes under water heaters...it is shallow enough to transport easily and has a side drain spout which can be hooked up to a drain hose to let the water run off away from the vehicle

Awesome idea!...was at Home Depot last night...you can get a basic plastic tray for <$10, plenty big enough to put in a platform to stand on and comes with a hose bib to run an outlet.

kilimats

Observer
Awesome idea!...was at Home Depot last night...you can get a basic plastic tray for <$10, plenty big enough to put in a platform to stand on and comes with a hose bib to run an outlet.

looks like a much better idea, I'll look into that as well, not sure if i like the space it will take in the car but I'm sure i can manage

chet

island Explorer
thats a brilliant idea. I was looking fro something that I could use on my outside showerr of out travel trailer as well. I can run a how over to the waster pipe and get rid of the water that comes off my kid after we are done playing in the sand or mud!. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles