Private Sale: 1990 Camel Trophy Defender 110. 200 TDI.

Ronct110

Adventurer
Surprise! Suprise to some of you that I am selling. Time to move on for me!

Priced between an LR4 and entry into a new full size Range Rover HSE - why not go for something unique: CT110. Here's your chance. Or if you already have a newer LR - this would be a great add-on to your fleet.

Asking price $69K OBO for this beautiful unique collector's item 1990 Camel Trophy Defender 110. 200 TDI, Salisbury axles, locking differential LT230 and 5 speed R380
New Lower Pricing Sept 2011): 65k OBO

Reason for selling: traveling more for work and pleasure overseas, and afraid this CT110 is not going to get the attention it deserves. Plus funds can help me w/other projects. As far as passing it on to my kids, thought of keeping it fore-ever but I will let them decide later what they want later in life; at this point, they are just happy to be hanging-out with me and not particularly hard-set on owning a Land Rover. Me - love the brand, and will stay owning one or two. Time to let this third one in my fleet go.

Anyways, no more excuses; here are some details: CT110 is fully paid for and I have the pink slip on hand. Not looking to trade; cash only; want a bank to bank transaction meaning you test drive it, like it, we sign sale agreement, wire money to my bank account, funds clear that day, you take the CT110 and pink slip home. No implied warranty as this is sold used and as it.

It was a support vehicle for the 1990 Camel Trophy event in Siberia per prev owners. I have the CT brochures from the event. Also have the original English plates, copy of V5 registration from England, import papers, etc... and Camel Trophy accessories such as the recovery rope, fire extinguisher (non-op but original), etc... Records and history avail to show imported from England (you can see Vin to Vin) to the US, plus receipts for the new 200TDI/R380/LT230 from Turner Enginering, new cooling system, etc... prev owners installed. Also equipped with Husky Superwinch among others, two yellow top Optima batteries...

Left hand drive, legally imported, registered in CA DMW as Land Rover Defender with proper 1990 year and diesel power plant so no bi-annual smog required.

Owned for sev years (I am the 3rd owner since being imported in the USA), and have been flawless except for the water pump that failed last year so a new genuiene LR water pump installed and fresh coolant in the system.

Only other add-ons since my purchase: 1) new LR sliders to protect the CT110 and be able to go over mild rocky trails like Bald Mountain, etc... (I still have the original sills), 2) brand new BFG MT KM2s 235/85/16s, 3) Two Yellow Top Optima Batteries, and 4) CB Radio installed.

So let me know if you have any questions; who will be the lucky owner? PM me for questions. C yah!

Here's one picture for starter; more will be posted later.

PM for any Qs; vin # and appt to serious buyers only; pls be patient as I don't check Expo that often; will reply as soon as time permits; thanks! :)

Attachments

• DSC_0952.JPG
    DSC_0952.JPG
    402.8 KB · Views: 1,550
Last edited:

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
smog required for diesel in california

great truck!

FYI, diesel vehicles in California DO need to be smogged.

It is a fairly new law.

Thanks to CARB

Ronct110

Adventurer
Never thought you would sell that, Ron. Wow

Hey Hey Jason; good to hear from you; been great owning this truck plus experience of driving this defender thru snow, sand, desert, rocks...; wow indeed. Have other projects coming up and with my travel/work schedule, this CT110 is not going to get the attention it deserves (trips/driving use wise). Been well cared for during ownership and it will be a "sure delight" to own/drive for the new owner. :smiley_drive:

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Is this the truck that came from Park Place a few years ago? If so, I was trying to get it then- she is a nice example for sure, and the Turner was brand new if I remember correctly- how many miles have been put on it? Very sweet truck sir.

jrose609

Explorer
Hey Hey Jason; good to hear from you; been great owning this truck plus experience of driving this defender thru snow, sand, desert, rocks...; wow indeed. Have other projects coming up and with my travel/work schedule, this CT110 is not going to get the attention it deserves (trips/driving use wise). Been well cared for during ownership and it will be a "sure delight" to own/drive for the new owner. :smiley_drive:

Good to hear from you too, Ron. Good luck with the sale. This is so far beyond my reach.............but a guy can still dream.

Ben Bailey had a couple of nice pictures of your CT110 somewhere. Very nice pics. If I remember where I saw them, I will try and post them up for you.

Cheers!

Ronct110

Adventurer
Is this the truck that came from Park Place a few years ago? .

Hi Rovertrader, thanks; it is indeed. I drove it down from Washington to CA, and took a side trip on Oregon Wagon in between first week of ownership. That was a great trip.

And yes, the 200 TDI was new; but, I've only put in less 10,000 enjoyable miles since my purchase, and I am sure will give the new owner many many miles of reliability. I have the old odometer (in KM; reading was a lil over 158,000 KM) replaced when the new engine was put in.

A lot of the replacement work done by the 2nd owner, and log book of maintenance e.g. oil changes from the 1st owner (who successfully imported it here); I continued the maint efforts including recent alignment when I first got it. 2nd owner also put-in a brand new LT230 and R380 transmisison; also new turbo and intercooler... many more.

Are you still interested in this truck?

Last edited:

Ronct110

Adventurer
Good to hear from you too, Ron. Good luck with the sale. This is so far beyond my reach.............but a guy can still dream.

Hey hey Jason; thanks the well wishes on the sale; good to hear from you also; you never know ownership of this truck maybe in you future. :)

Ben came to visit us in the SF Bay Area last year; met him, his wife and his brother @ Mexxis Restaurant; and a few of the LR club members came along to welcome/meet Ben also.

If you are going to be in CA, we have plans to hit Fordyce trail in July (taking my RRC), and back to the Rubicon in August. We also a trip to Baja Mexico (taking the 04 DII) in October. All trips will be caravan of Land Rovers. Should be fun! Let me know if you are interested in doing fly-in to our local airport, will pick you up, and jump in seat/co-pilot - I think a few guys still have open seats.

C yah buddy!

Last edited:

rugbier

Adventurer
Very important question

Does the CT come with a free room and board for at least 2 years while the wife cools off? :)

Ronct110

Adventurer
Very important question

Does the CT come with a free room and board for at least 2 years while the wife cools off? :)

Lol; missed this one; I am sure we can work something out till your wife cools off! :)

Bump - CT is still for sale. Any other special request e.g. help your significant other cool off (lol), let me know.

Also attached are collectibles that will be included in the sale:

1) CT recovery rope (display only since it's pretty old)
2) Original fire extinguisher (non op)
3) UK plates
4) CT marketing/promo brochure and sticker when this vehicle was in use as a scout vehicle for the 1990 CT event in Siberia
5) CT110 finally here in the USA; many many years later; I am the 3rd owner; here recovering another LR owner out of the mud pit in Hollister SVRA.

.... and lots of spares and receipts

Attachments

• 100_2543.JPG
    100_2543.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 146
  • 100_2545.JPG
    100_2545.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
  • 100_2544.JPG
    100_2544.JPG
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 1990 Camel Trophy Souvenir Belt Buckle.JPG
    1990 Camel Trophy Souvenir Belt Buckle.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 1c CT110 Pulling D2.jpg
    1c CT110 Pulling D2.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

Ronct110

Adventurer
Are you taking about the first post, and one in the mud pit?

One in the mud pit, mud made the wheels dark. Washes off. J/k. Black rims went to my RRC.

Then last year, I bought a set of brand new 235/85/16s BFG MT KM2s, and put them on matching rims/sand glow; give it time playing on dirt, the rims will eventually look worn out in no time and then will match the body. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles