Added some bling today

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Well kind of. I had to order a new plate for the Cruiser since it was off the highway for so long, the old plate was taken "off the system." First vanity plate I've ever ordered and I thought it was appropriate considering how much I travel for both work and pleasure. I also blacked out the center of the hood as well. I've been wanting to do this for awhile and finally got around to it. Mostly it was an effort to cover up all of the stone chips I was getting on the front edge of my hood. I think it turned out pretty good. Its a bit tough to tell from the pics but here it is.

Next project, building screen windows for my back sliders.:wings:

rionorte

Looks great!
What did you use to blacken the center hood? Is that the handle of a paint roller - bottom right corner.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Ha ha, good eye! Yeah, I masked it off then used a small roller and black rustoleum in satin black. Before I laid the paint on I lightly sanded the surface.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Looks great!! I have always liked the blacked out hoods, even if it is more a LR thing...

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
SOCALFJ said:
I like the vanity plate.. good one!

Whats the story behind the front one?

I go to Chile every August and have made some good friends down there. Not really much of a story behind the plate other then one of my friends from down there gave me it. It also represents my dream of doing a trek from North America down to southern Chile:jumping:

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Northern Explorer said:
What is the wire for that you have going from your front bumper/grill guard up to the roof rack???

Limb wires. Basically they help pick branches up and keep them from dragging over the hood and up the windshield. I just installed them a couple of weeks ago and they work great for around here. On those heavily vegetated, tight two tracks, they make life alot easier and saved a bunch of needless pinstriping.

CaliCruiser

Adventurer
I like the roof rack. con-ferr? Do you have any more pictures of the rack? Did you use con-ferr brackets or make your own?

Thanks,

Dylan

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Yeah, its a Con-ferr. I bought it used off of Yooper from the Ih8mud forums, he lives here locally and it used to be on his FJ62. It is a pretty stout basket but comes at the expense of being really heavy. If I was shopping the market for a new one, I might look for something lighter. The brackets that I am using are the ones that came with it. The basket, at least in my configuration didn't have a floor to it. I use a sheet of treated plywood which contributes to the weight a bit itself. Also, my 80 has the factory luggage rack on it, and I actually have the Con-ferr mounted over this. I don't have any close ups of it, but have some shots from different angles of the truck that you can see it kind of.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online