Camping air dryer for the lady

Treenail

Adventurer
I'm not even going to get in the middle of a woman's makeup discussion... :)

But! The hairdryer can be used to thaw frozen doors after a sleet storm...melt the ice off windows...thaw the weather stripping in the camper...other non-hair drying duties which might soften the blow...bad pun :wings:!...from having one along.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
If a hair dryer is what it takes to keep the wife or girlfriend happy while camping - then that is all the justification you need.

I'd look towards golf cart batteries (6v, so you'll need to tie them together in pairs) . . .

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
My wife was just asking me if the inverter I put in my truck would put up with her hair dryer. I doubt it. Its not that big of an inverter. She has long hair so the 12v dryer is out of the question. Anyone have any idea how big an inverter I would need(no, I will not drag a generator around!)? I got a big Diehard Platinum/Oddysey battery so that end shouldn't be a problem.

kilimats

Observer
When i was looking into the inverter option, i realized that a DUAL battery would be required to drive the MONSTER inverter required, can't give you any spec on what you need but simply check how many watts the air dryer pull and find an inverter that can drive it

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
After a little investigation, I am thinking I might be able to get away with a 1500-2000 watt inverter. She will just have to keep it set at low-to-medium.

mvbeggs

Adventurer
Don't get me started-

I use this:

EU2000IKN_PE_IMG250.jpg

I believe someone on here actually has a photo of this in use. :)

I also use it to charge the Chaser battery. 1 hour every other day keeps the battery in great shape.

Happy wife- happy life :)

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I am wondering if the new Yeti solar generator from Goal Zero would run a small hair dryer. I absolutely HATE all things stinky and loud like generators but love electricity. :D

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles