Grunt 4X4 discovered in St. George, Utah

TRegasaurus

Adventurer
On the way back from Pine Valley we came accross this unusual looking 4X4 on a used car lot in St. George and I had to stop and take a couple of pics.
From just a little research I understand it's a full body replacement for a Blazer, not sure what model year.

IMG_20110625_184453.jpg

IMG_20110625_184515.jpg

Patman

Explorer
Its like the bastard child of an Egg and a new body Mexican Ramcharger.

You just can't "unsee" that kind of thing! I'm not sure what hurts my eyes worse, the soap or the scrub brush!?

bob91yj

Resident **************
A guy aroujnd the corner from me had one for a couple of years. Like the OP said, a Blazer with the poorest fit/finish rebody ever seen. This one was bright yellow as well.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Grunt, Runts, Bummers and others came from the same group of gents here in SLC over the last 10 years, Tatonka Industries? I haven't seen a runt/grunt for several years but they used to pop up from time to time, the manufacture used to show them at some of the 4x4 events.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
While I am not a big fan of this one.....

I think the idea of a bolt on replacement body for say my Dodge truck has crossed my mind more than once! I would love to have a shiny new body to plop on my frame and running gear. They just need to make it about 3/4-7/8 the size as my current body, something like a mid size truck, minimal rear overhang a slightly shorter bed, maybe a build in roll cage, etc.

bftank

Explorer
something like a fiber glass replica m715 tub would be awesome on there metcalf. the fsj's are some where between midsize and full size.

lbarcher

Adventurer
30% 2000 Dodge, 30% PTCruiser, 30% FJ,

10% Somebody's dream.

I've never been a fan of aftermarket bodies but good on them for trying.

wyojoe

Adventurer
I guess that's one way to get four doors on a vehicle that only came with two! The front looks OK, but I'm with most of the rest of you about the rest of the body.
I think if they kept it as a two door, it probably would have looked a bit better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz