AmboVan Restarted

hobietony

Explorer
looking good. Why not use a fastener with a little more visual appeal like a button head Allen screw? All the attention to detail is kinda lost on the Phillips head screws.

These security head bolts would look real nice and really ad to the visual appeal.

http://www.amazonsupply.com/stainle...48&filterBy.feature_two_browse-bin=2292862011

Interesting... I hadn't considered a button head like that, but I am not opposed. Self tapping was also important, but now that the holes are there, don't need the self-tapping function, would need to be a bigger shank, though, some of those holes are nearly stripped. Thanks for the suggestion.

hobietony

Explorer
More Laminate installed...
m_DSCN0189_zps0464897a.jpg

m_DSCN0190_zps580d4f5e.jpg

m_DSCN0186_zpsbc3ac579.jpg

-
Countertop installed, was going to use Corian, some shade of black to match the floor, but I had a sheet of Bamboo plywood that I picked up when I thought I might want to use that stuff on the walls instead of the laminate. I had the material, figured I'd see how this looked installed. I think I like the looks, we will see how the Plyboo holds up - I have a cutting board made out of the stuff, so that is a good sign
m_DSCN0191_zpsf1d310cf.jpg

m_DSCN0192_zps27c4a0ab.jpg

-
And, by request, some pics of the inside of the Campa box
m_DSCN0195_zps71af999e.jpg

m_DSCN0196_zps36a0801a.jpg

m_DSCN0198_zpsb046dcfd.jpg

Pretty cheap silverware/etc, but the design is pretty clever

hobietony

Explorer
Getting closer... It's all fiddily finish stuff now
-
Finished the laminate, got most of the decorative panels installed, kitchen box installed for the last time (hopefully), closed up the HVAC areas.
m_DSCN0221_zps3efeead7.jpg

m_DSCN0218_zps224c5339.jpg

-
Sink in place, three coats of tung oil finish on the bamboo ply countertop.
m_DSCN0219_zpsb941883e.jpg

-
The covers for the aluminum main opening beams, at the original roofline, were especially fiddily - using scrap strips to build up a section/framework for stapling on the vinyl, each one is special in it's own way
m_DSCN0199_zpsd1358697.jpg

m_DSCN0201_zps35a1ef8d.jpg

m_DSCN0209_zps553d8ab1.jpg

-
Covered and installed - Damn light hasn't fixed itself yet...
m_DSCN0226_zpsb17c0284.jpg

-
Panels to cover the wiring chase
m_DSCN0222_zps123b4fca.jpg

m_DSCN0224_zps28946c89.jpg

-
Hinged lid countertop over the fridge area - Miter cut two scraps of the PlyBoo together to make up a piece big enough, this accesses the storage space below
m_DSCN0204_zps3425fc5d.jpg

-
Glued some vinyl on the fan frame, kinda looks like it came that way
m_DSCN0215_zps3294d3fe.jpg
-
-
Reinstalled the grab bar when I closed up the ceiling wiring
m_DSCN0227_zpsec991cdb.jpg

-
I'll work on this the rest of the week, get the outlets made up, install the floor, bench, fridge. It will be done enough then to satisfy an insurance guy that I am substantially complete - Getting this thing insured will be the next big hassle, and pretty important to getting it ready for some travelling within a few weeks

Abitibi

Explorer
Looking good!

It was hard to imagine where you were heading to half way through your build but its now pretty neat to see it all come together... Very cozy!

Cheers
Mr. D

gringorick

Adventurer
I like the idea of a flip top storage/counter top behind the passenger seat. My plan is to make that area a counter top with a cabinet under it. But maybe I will change to a flip top for storage of dog food and all the other puppy needs.

How did you secure the AC unit to the ceiling?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles