AmboVan Restarted

Outlaw Images

Just went through every post, addicting!!

I am so jazzed to find my own Ambo soon and get my own version going

Thanks for the hard work and the willingness to share it all with us

hobietony

Explorer
Ran into Stormlover again this weekend in Flagstaff, he shamed me into posting a brief update. So far this season, we have spent about 15 nights in the rig, chasing snow in Flagstaff, Durango, and in Taos, hitting powder on every trip. Pictures taken during this period? Zero, I'm skiing dammit! So, with some prodding, here are a couple pics of the rig in its proper environment, last morning of the trip, getting used for the purpose intended. Thanks for the tour down South Side, Stormlover, fun skiing with you and your daughter!

IMG_1218_zpsnmmsunzd.jpg

IMG_12141_zpsauc2qxpo.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
AmboVan looks a lot different since the last time I saw it! Slightly different environment too. :sunny:

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Last time i saw it there was water, ice, mud up to the floor boards. But the solar kept up with my espresso machine. Or was that the year before.

hobietony

Explorer
^^^ Year before - The last year I was there

Went to 19.5 toyos on stazworks wheels, kept losing treads on the KM2s. Got a nose job too, sold off the aluminess, and just put that UJOR bumper on before the trip. Had an opportunity to wish that I had re-installed the winch too, but a little tug from a friend got me clear. Patoz, you saw it in beach mode - bit icier in these pics!

Abitibi

Explorer
Always as great looking, no matter if in sand or snow!

Cheers
David

"Another great day ruined by responsibilities"

stormlover

Adventurer
Ran into Stormlover again this weekend in Flagstaff, he shamed me into posting a brief update. So far this season, we have spent about 15 nights in the rig, chasing snow in Flagstaff, Durango, and in Taos, hitting powder on every trip. Pictures taken during this period? Zero, I'm skiing dammit! So, with some prodding, here are a couple pics of the rig in its proper environment, last morning of the trip, getting used for the purpose intended. Thanks for the tour down South Side, Stormlover, fun skiing with you and your daughter![/IMG]

Likewise Tony! Good running into you and wow what a storm cycle! 92" in 6 days. Here's a cute video my daughter put together when we hit southside down to the road.

Attachments

• south side.JPG
    south side.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 62

AlbinoRhino

Just read the entirety of this thread and truly appreciate the invaluble resource it's become and I'm sure that it's become for others. Thanks for taking the time to share along the way of an incredible build and helping those with questions. I bought a 1995 e350 wheeled coach mini mod and have found a ton of valuable info here to plan out my build and will likely refer to in often in the coming month and possibly years especially looking at the length of time this thread taken. Hope you're still having a blast with the build since you've last posted. This may also bump it into you attention and we can see any travelling pics of late by chance?

Rovobay

Signed up for this site today as I have been lurking for a while. This was an amazing build. I hope it is still treating you well. Thanks for sharing. I am thinking of my own conversion soon!!!

patoz

Expedition Leader
^^^ Year before - The last year I was there

Went to 19.5 toyos on stazworks wheels, kept losing treads on the KM2s. Got a nose job too, sold off the aluminess, and just put that UJOR bumper on before the trip. Had an opportunity to wish that I had re-installed the winch too, but a little tug from a friend got me clear. Patoz, you saw it in beach mode - bit icier in these pics!

Yep, when I saw it in Pensacola, we were sitting in it sweating our butts off!

HPIM1303.JPG

cjken

Explorer
Awesome!!
This and Mega-Ambo.
We're the inspiration for my little project!
Anyone know what became of the Mega-Ambo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne