My Dodge Dakota Q-cab

tperkins

Observer
try one of the 4wd shops in your area, maybe someone will fabricate for you

There really aren't any, hahah. I don't know what the extra cost a full custom build might be, but my budget is only around 500-750, which is why the Kenn. Mtn. ones looked so good.

colodak

Adventurer
A little dress-up under the hood I did
Billet battery hold down and t-handles
BatteryStrapT-Handles002.jpg

BatteryStrapT-Handles003.jpg

BatteryStrapT-Handles004.jpg

colodak

Adventurer
measure 3 times, cut twice, plan a trip to the lumber yard for some new plywood, oh joy, I mismeasured not once, but twice

colodak

Adventurer
had to scrap 50% of my storage box build up and start over, was working on a pull out table idea for it, but when I did the Urethane on it, the wood swelled too much and totally ruined the base. Today my table saw burned up while cutting so, I'm even further behind, had to buy a new sheet of plywood today and have Home Depot make the cuts for me. It hasn't helped that it's rained every night for the last week so I haven't been able to get any work done at night. I'll do as much as I can before I have to work on Sunday, won' tbe able to work on it again til probably next Thursday because of my schedule. Ordered some camping equipment today as well, pic-nic table and camp kitchen.

colodak

Adventurer
thanks man, since this is my DD, it has to do definite double duty and be reliable on all ends. It's been a slow build, but I've pretty much decided that unless I get a smoking offer on the truck I really really want, this one has a lifetime (it's or mine) commitment. Even with 119K it's still a damn reliable truck, I'm just now starting to have problems that will cost me money (trans is starting to have issues), but the upside is as I get these issues fixed, it will make it even more reliable.

colodak

Adventurer
continuing to work on my storage box, taking more time then I intended for it to, but workign 60 hrs per week and life in general really cut into time to work on it. Also, only having a one car garage and the damn heat lately has made it hard to work on it for very long. The basics of the box are done, working on the drawers now so I can take final measurements. Still not sure if I'm carpeting the exterior or Herculiner. Pics will be coming when I have to time to show something worthwhile.

colodak

Adventurer
Can add some existing pics that I have, triple A-pillar pod. From the top, trans temp at the pan, engine oil temp in the pan, transfer case fluid temp. If you really want to be scared while driving, watch the fluid temp in an AWD transfer case. I've had the t-case temps at 240 deg. while the trans temp is at 180, supposedly that's normal given this setup. Hope to add a temp guage for the rear end in the future.
DSC00495.jpg

colodak

Adventurer
finally got my 36" slides today, damn these things are heavy, probably weigh twice as much as the 24" slides I bought, but they are rated for 200 lbs. Decided to to a little work tonight

test fitting after I applied the roll on liner to the bottom, this will be a problem as the box doesn't slide in very well. Hope I don't have to remove my topper to get it in place, it'll come back out this weekend when I seriously get into working on it. Have one slide installed between the drawer and the outside wall in this pic. Also gives an idea that this is going to take up my entire bed.
DSC01059.jpg

fully extended 36" slide, have to cut that piece of wood down to make a side panel, then cut one more side panel. The other drawers may or may not have slides. Since this drawer will carry all my tools, it's gotta be attached to slides or it won't move.
DSC01060.jpg

distance between the box and my tailgate
DSC01062.jpg

Last edited:

hikingff77

Adventurer
I've currently got an 04 Dak. Quad V6. With the cap. I envy your truck, I would love to strictly keep my vehicle for being able to build it similar with the bumpers and the lights, etc. Just not big enough for my needs anymore. Got any shots of the interior? I'm assuming you've got a CB in there.

Nice truck, good snow shot.

colodak

Adventurer
gawd I have been so lazy lately, haven't done a damn thing on the truck. Partly because it's soooo hot that I hate being outside in it, but my work has been screwy, one week we're majorly slow and it kills the paycheck, the next week we're busy but not enough to offset. Now the wife's Audi has decided to act up, this will cost me an arm or leg to repair.

colodak

Adventurer
Awww, temps are dropping into the comfortable range for me to be working outside. Storage box is about 3/4 done now, hopefully will have all the construction done on it Monday or Tuesday, decided the finish will be a mix of DIY bedliner material, exterior paint, and carpet. Did the bedliner stuff on the bottom a month or so back, now that all the screws are in needs another coat. The exterior sides, and the interior that will not normally be seen will be painted with exterior primer. The top will covered with carpet as will part of the interior. Would have gotten more done today, but it was interrupted with a trip to REI for some misc. camping gear. Since we started this project with nothing, it's been a slow process of buying some things as well. Hopefully will get some new pics added in the next week as well.

colodak

Adventurer
I've currently got an 04 Dak. Quad V6. With the cap. I envy your truck, I would love to strictly keep my vehicle for being able to build it similar with the bumpers and the lights, etc. Just not big enough for my needs anymore. Got any shots of the interior? I'm assuming you've got a CB in there.

Nice truck, good snow shot.

The biggest problem I can see with yours is the V6, too bad you don't at least have a 4.7. CB was one of the first things to go in, the truck has been used for a couple of cross country trips as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior