My Dodge Dakota Q-cab

colodak

Adventurer
between work and the Versys mods, haven't touched the truck in almost a year. Have a couple of things planned over the summer, heated seat kit, heated wipers, replace my add-on lights with LED bars, new side steps. Was planning a bunch of work on it in April, however, the IRS decided they need my money more than I do, got a notice of audit in Feb. right after I filed my taxes. Everything I got on my refund, I have to pay back. Also, the blend doors for my HVAC broke off and have fouled up the system, at this point I have heat, but the blend door is blocking the air flow, so no matter the fan speed I get very little output. Since the dash has to be pulled completely to fix this, have decided to hold off on any mods till that is fixed in May.

colodak

Adventurer
depends, since I always have a load in the back, it hasn't made a difference, but I did check them the other day while the tires were off and they seem to be wearing good. Fronts are almost due, so when I take it in for fronts I'll have them check the rears as well and let me know if everything is hunky dory

colodak

Adventurer
Finally got around to doing a long thought about mod, that's been sitting in my garage for 6 months, heated windshield wipers. Purchased an Everblades Heated Wiper Kit. Very complete and straight forward kit, the only changes I made to it was a different switch and had to lengthen the main power wire 5" to make it to the fuse block. Instructions are simple to follow, took me about 90 minutes to do, that included a trip to the parts store and tearing my dash and wipers apart. The only true problem I had, the adaptor for the wiper to wiper arm was the wrong size, didn't have one to fit, went to he parts store and bought the cheapest wipers they had so I could cannibalize them for parts, only to realize the old clip could be removed from the old wipers and swapped over. Will have to get a pic of the wipers installed on the arms, my cell phone died just after this pic was taken and sent. Yes, I know, I'm installing these in late May, 4 months before the next snow flake, that's what happens when you buy something and misplace it in the garage.

colodak

Adventurer
Installed this on the front today, definitely shows that I need new T-bars and keys, that will have to be in the works. The downside, they make the front end super tight over any bumps, but after two days and 60 miles of driving with them, they aren't bad.

left side awaiting install

right side installed

Also got a second set of Yakima bars and towers that were installed on the cab, will be moving my current load warrior to the front and installing a second one that will allow for carrying some other items. Planning a two week trip for next spring, probably a combination of camping and hotel stays, depending on the wife's mood.

ExplorerTom

Explorer
I'm pretty sure I saw your rig recently. It was up near Brighton. It was northbound on Hwy 85 and getting ready to turn westbound onto about 120th or so. Good looking rig.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Awesome Dakota, I had a 98 with 318. Perfect size for a truck for me at the time. I also have a 2011 versus with some goodies on it. I can hook you up with some cool parts for it come the spring, :)

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

dakotamike

Adventurer
thats one nice looking dakota i got a 200 and starting mods trying to figure out if i want a winch bumper hows the truck handle with it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne