Lowrance IWay 600C Worth it?

jeepj667

Observer
I have the opportunity to pick up a new Lowrance IWay 600c for $127. I liked the looks of it with the big screen, but haven't found much info on the web about them.
Anyone here have or used one?
I'm just getting in to this expo thing and think this might be good enough for my limited needs.

I found ExpertGPS online and it looks like it could be a great upgrade, but has anyone else tried it?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ryan

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
Iway

I use one and love it(i500). However, it's pretty basic and updates I do not think are available anymore. It was discontinued unfortunately. The display is great, daylight readable, the MP3 interface is okay. There was supposed to be an updated version that would play MPEGs but it never surfaced.

I use it for highway traveling, but not for anything off-highway because of the lack of maps available for it. For that price you won't get a better GPS for highway driving though. Where are they for sale at? I would buy it just as backup. They are bulletproof.

Pic1.jpg

jeepj667

Observer
Thanks for the reply TTF. My local Sportsmans Warehouse has three of them on clearance.

Have you ever looked at ExpertGPS.com? It looks like it would replace the maps on the IWay with USGS topo's. But I'm not too computer literate and I may be wrong. Maybe I should ask about this in the software forum.

Ryan

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply TTF. My local Sportsmans Warehouse has three of them on clearance.

Have you ever looked at ExpertGPS.com? It looks like it would replace the maps on the IWay with USGS topo's. But I'm not too computer literate and I may be wrong. Maybe I should ask about this in the software forum.

Ryan

I will check it out. It's the one thing lacking for the iway. I will give it a try. I wouldn't hesitate to get one for 127 bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior