Aluminum fairlead
10lb co2 bottle
Staun tire deflators
Axe/Shovel
Hi-Lift jack
20mm ammo cans
50cal ammo cans

Video:

http://s51 .photobucket.com/albums/f374/nicwillman/?action=view&current=ReiterWheel.flv

The begining.
ebay022-2.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010005-2.jpg

DSC00337-2.jpg

DSC01793.jpg

DSC08592.jpg

POST IN PROGRESS:shakin:

Last edited:

Willman

Nice rig their future brother in law!!! Boy your rig has changed!!!!

Can't wait to see the LEDs!

What rear bumper are you going to go with???

Keep up the good work!!

:)

OldSven

Explorer
Willman said:
Nice rig their future brother in law!!! Boy your rig has changed!!!!

Can't wait to see the LEDs!

What rear bumper are you going to go with???

Keep up the good work!!

:)

I'm leaning towards another Badland rear bumper. Still trying to figure out the swing out. Might look similar to yours but a few bonus items:costumed-smiley-007 Got the ammo cans painted up, and ready to bolt in tomorrow.

OldSven

Explorer
p1michaud said:
Looking good!
I'll bite, where you mouting the ammo cans?
Cheers :beer:,
P
Kind of like this. The bigger ones out back for tools and the smaller ones up front for misc. stuff I don't really use. Trying to get the bed setup so I can set and air mattress up in the middle for camping.
DSC01355.jpg

FourByLand said:
Nice rocklights! Which ones did you use?
Looks good Sven!
I just have some regular 55w tractor lights right now, but those 3w LED's are what I'm switching to. I have someone that is going to machine out the housings and then the truck will be getting about 8 of them:chowtime:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
p1michaud said:
Looking good!
I'll bite, where you mouting the ammo cans?
I dunno about Sven's plans, but .223 or .50 cal ammo boxes (the ones that measure 12"x6"x7") fit in the space between the rear wheel well and the tailgate on a XtraCab bed very well. When you mount them so the lid flips up past the lip on a WilderNest, the inside edge lines up with the wheel well, so they don't stick out into the middle. Does that make sense? It's the same height as the wheel wells, too, which is nice because it supports sheet goods for work at the house. I just bolted them straight to the bed. The right side one carries recovery gear, the left one usually snow chains in the winter or a roll of trash bags, gloves, some misc tools in the summer. I'm interested in his plans for the 20mm box, though.

Edit: Sven posted while I was typing. I have my .50 cal in the position he's got his 20mm. I was thinking something a bit different, a pair of 20mm or 30mm ammo boxes back-to-back at the front of the box. I don't like having too much stuff at the tailgate, the back window of the WilderNest isn't very tall and climbing in and out of the back while trying to weave around a bunch of stuff isn't fun.

Last edited:

OldSven

Explorer
My reason for putting them like that was that I wanted the bigger cans at the back so everything was right there. I used to run a truck box so now I have a pile of stuff to put some where. I still have to move the axe/shovel and also find a new home for the co2 bottle:confused: I looked at the rocket boxes that they had at the sir plus store but they have six lactches witch is about four to many for me. This way the .20mm's can hold all of my tools (wrenches, sockets, impact). Since these are just open boxes I do need to find some small canvas pouches to separate the tools kind of like these http://www.vtarmynavy.com/canvas-travel-kit.htm

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
OldSven said:
My reason for putting them like that was that I wanted the bigger cans at the back so everything was right there.
No, man, I think they are a great idea. One other thing that occurred to me about the size of those boxes right there is the weight. It's levered out there behind the axle and if you load them up with a bunch of weight, it's makes your back end bounce around. I notice it a lot worse in the winter when I have 2 pairs of tire chains in them, the back end of my truck bounces more going over bumps. Ideally I would have adjustable shocks, but the real world of budgets dictates that I use what I have (KYB Gas Adjust) until they wear out. If you load those up with tools and recovery gear, then add a swing out, that's a whole lot of weight that is behind the rear axle, makes a pretty serious moment that you might need to address with stiffer springs and different valving in the shocks. I'm building my truck a lot like you, planning someday to put a decent bumper back there, so I'm thinking about the same things as you.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Ammo cans

Gents,

Thanks for all the comments. I've be re-thinking my bed/shell configuration and have been keeping an eye on what others have been doing for storage/organization solutions.

Cheers,
P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles