Intro: goofiefoot's 2001 Xterra

goofiefoot

Adventurer
Man, what a great site! Big Daddy Chia told me about this place and I've been a daily lurker for about 2 weeks. Some of the Xterra Owners Club folks may have seen me around. Here's what I'm all about:

2001 Khaki 4x4 Xterra XE
ARB Bull Bar (I have a Warn 8k winch, but needs repair) with 150W Daylighters and Fabritron Skid
Fabritron Rock Sliders
2" SLR shackles, leveled by TB crank
Con-Ferr 48" Safari Rack
Frontier Desert Runner rims with 32" BFG A/Ts
Cobra CB mounted inside Steelhorse console with custom cowl-mounted Firestick quick-release
Radio Shack hard-mount FRS
48" Cargo-area-mounted Hi-Lift
Optoma Red-top

I'm in process of getting the X back in trail-running shape. I have a new radiator and thermostat to hopefully correct some overheating issues. My wife and I have been spending the last year fixing up our new house, and now I'm ready to get back out on the road.

snowshot.jpg

twister.jpg

xsteps.jpg

xside.jpg

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Hey Jason welcome to ExPo! Nice looking X! Hope we can set a run up this summer. Stormy needs to get off the bitumen!

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Welcome to ExPo! :wavey:
This is a great site for overlanders!
Wow, what a great view down that canyon/valley....where is that?
Reminds me of Montana...

:sombrero:

goofiefoot

Adventurer
DaktariEd said:
Welcome to ExPo! :wavey:
This is a great site for overlanders!
Wow, what a great view down that canyon/valley....where is that?
Reminds me of Montana...

:sombrero:

Thanks all! Good to see some familiar names around here. 6 years (next month) and 140k miles with this truck and I still love it. I plan on driving it 'til the wheels fall off. Lots of mods to complete and trips to take between now and then. :D

Ed, that photo is on Black Bear coming down into Telluride, CO (taken by hattrik21) in 2002.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Nice X and welcome to the Portal - :beer:

I really like the X as a platform for an overland rig. I had a 2001 model as a company vehicle in '02-'03. I really liked it and thought it did great on my 300 mile weekly trips to Salt Lake City.

Is that khaki a factory color for that generation X? I can't recall seeing one that color before. Silver and yellow are very popular around here.

Good lookin X. Glad to see the 32s with the poor mans lift. How long have you run it with the torsion crank? I am thinking of putting on a 2" body lift and 33x9.50 BFG ATs. I dont do any rock crawling or mud riding, just a ton of gravel roads and backroads. I wish they made a 32x9.50 though.

Im in Louisiana, look at my website... :)

Big Daddy Chia

Adventurer
kcowyo said:
Nice X and welcome to the Portal - :beer:

I really like the X as a platform for an overland rig. I had a 2001 model as a company vehicle in '02-'03. I really liked it and thought it did great on my 300 mile weekly trips to Salt Lake City.

Is that khaki a factory color for that generation X? I can't recall seeing one that color before. Silver and yellow are very popular around here.

The Khaki color was only offered in the 2001 model year. Thank god to its such an ugly color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles