New Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner Stove

Salue

Adventurer
I did end up purchasing the Everest stove but have yet to use it. Like I said earlier, the fit/finish is kind of flimsy but comparable to other stoves I was looking at with the benefit of 20k btu's per stove. The limited reviews were positive so I decided to give it a try. I shall provide some feedback once I use it...Only time will tell if it will permanently replace my ginormous Brinkmann stove.

Cheers,
Salue

... It's not that 10K won't do the job, but it takes longer. I guess I'm just a bit impatient. When I'm hungry, I want to eat NOW.

Chiming in late.... I hear ya. l I'm a fan of BTU's for boiling water, but I have noticed over time that, water boiling aside, 90% of my cooking is low heat type stuff anyway.

Once that realization sank in, I gave up my quest for more BTUs. (and I find that my MSR heat exchanger does reduce boiling time a lot, and I've even got an older pot that has one built in)

(current stoves include MSR whisperlite internationale, MSR XGK muiti fuel, and a Coleman 3 burner base camp multi-fuel)

I'm wondering how they get these newer propane models up to such high BTU ratings? Them's good numbers!

brentbba

Explorer
I've had the Camp Chef Expedition 3X for years (Costco). It's HUGE and has been great for the time I've spent as an adult leader in scouting. Love both the 2 burner grill box and 2 burner cast iron griddle. I enjoy cooking outdoors for all the adult leaders on the trips and even myself when I offroad.

Problem is now that it's just me, the thing is just WAY TO BIG and take up an inordinate amount of room in my little M101CDN trailer! I've looked at the Expedition 2X and similar from Camp Chef, but again for just me they are bulky. I agree with an earlier statement about BTU's being great for water boiling. The Expedition burners put out a whooping 30,000 BTU each! For just about everything else, even on Lo or Warm settings it just puts out WAY TO MUCH heat. I like the looks of the new Camp Chef stove the OP put up. May have to check that out.

Salue

Adventurer
I ended up gifting the Camp Chef Everest stove to my Brother In Law for Christmas. We go camping with his family in the summer often so I'll see how it holds up. I'm keeping an eye out for that Stansport at Bi-Mart to go on sale again; might try that for the price.

Salue

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I have an older (discontinued) stainless and aluminum 2 burner Camp Chef - The Riverrunner. It is under 15 lbs., pumps out a ton of heat, and has lasted for years. It is much better than any Coleman stove I've had, and I have had a number of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior