Really mini & removable toy hauler build

Slicky72

Adventurer
Great job! I have the same base trailer, I recently built a lockable storage box for camping gear but have thought about making a larger unit like you have built. Lots to think about...

Blderman

I like it. Driving with it empty and a cross-wind might be a bit hairy. Great place to escape an afternoon shower out there.

I was worried about cross winds too but it tows good in the wind even when empty. I think it's because its in the slip stream of my F350 so it would take some pretty good winds to get it swaying. With the wider, heavier axle it is even more stable now too. Should work about pretty good for hunting solo this year, I wish it was big enough for a small kitchenette and shower....oh well.

Great job! I have the same base trailer, I recently built a lockable storage box for camping gear but have thought about making a larger unit like you have built. Lots to think about...

The snow bear trailer is actually a pretty good base to start with. If I didn't build this as a POD I would have beefed up the cross members to 2x2 at least. However, the POD so strong structurally that it actually strengthens the frame of the trailer once I fasten it down with the turnbuckles. I can jack up one corner and the whole trailer will basically lift on the same plane; in other words there is no frame flex at all. I probably could have just bolted an axle directly to the POD. :sombrero: ok, not really.

If I decide to keep it my next step would be to figure out an easy way to get it off/on the trailer. Right now I use a series of 1" pipes, prybars and a come-a-long. Even at that it takes forever and quite frankly isn't all that safe considering the trailer is now 25" off the ground. I would like to use standard truck camper jacks but so far I can't find any under $300 for the set of 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles