Full size truck with leaf springs.. show some flex pictures

lllateralus

Observer
As posted in other threads (full size thread, most recent) I have the 2001 F350 Powerstroke with front and rear leafs.

I am curious how much flex is possible with simple mods like disconnecting the sway bars, etc.

If you have any pictures, post up.

(not just Fords, but any full size with leaf springs)

Northman

Adventurer
My Burb with Sway Bar connected ...

7531220zhu.jpg

7531221zjv.jpg

7531222ccl.jpg

7531223uxb.jpg

I dont need more Flex . :sombrero:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
As posted in other threads (full size thread, most recent) I have the 2001 F350 Powerstroke with front and rear leafs.

I am curious how much flex is possible with simple mods like disconnecting the sway bars, etc.

If you have any pictures, post up.

(not just Fords, but any full size with leaf springs)
Watch the articulation range starting around the 15 second mark. Long-range leaves in back, swaybar disco'd in front. Power Wagon on 33s.

ExpoMike

Hey Bill, I think the OP was looking only for rigs with front and rear leaf springs and how much flex they can get. Us coil up front guys have it easy with flex. LOL :D

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Hey Bill, I think the OP was looking only for rigs with front and rear leaf springs and how much flex they can get. Us coil up front guys have it easy with flex. LOL :D

ahhhhh. Sorry if my flex-appeal caused them pain...

But my rear leaves really move; I'm constantly amazed at how far they go.

BorntoVenture

Adventurer
The rear of mine only has 1" of added lift, everything else is stock. It flexes very good, in the pictures I still have another 1.5-2.5" of flex before it would have that tire unloaded.

5759790825_0828ca765c_z.jpg

5760334966_49b44f5485_z.jpg

Rot Box

Explorer
Who cares about spring flex?! Its all about the frame flex on full size trucks :eek::violent-smiley-031: :Wow1: J/K :bike_rider:

Front sway bar removed rear is still on:

DSCN3143.jpg

ExpoMike

Who cares about spring flex?! Its all about the frame flex on full size trucks :eek::violent-smiley-031: :Wow1: J/K :bike_rider:

Front sway bar removed rear is still on:

Yeah, it's amazing how much frame flex older trucks have compared to new ones. :Wow1:

zukrider

Explorer
another issue, is the OP has a powerstroke. those front springs dont work the same as say Northmans burb, way stiffer. he needs to see 4 leaf trucks with diesels in front. just sayn.

lllateralus

Observer
Thanks for the replies. Zukrider, you are correct that my truck has the 7.3. But, any truck with front leafs Ill be interested in checking out. I am just wondering what they are capable of with a few very basic mods.

Rotbox, DAMN that is some frame flex!! That is cool though, as that's what they were designed to do.

Thanks again for the replies and pictures, and keep them coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior