1998 XJ - 4.10s, OME $2.000

troy

Adventurer
Selling my 1998 XJ. I had it for close to 6 years, but it is time to pass it along. Prefer to sell locally, as in, don't want to mess with shipping, holding it for someone, etc.

- Black 4 door
- Auto
-some rust

Here is a write-up if you're interested:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-XJ?highlight=

Good:
- New factory rear 8.25 axle with 4.10s and power-trac
- 4.10 LP30 from a TJ (new timken hubs and synthetic oil)
- Set of 5 '03 rubicon moabs
- (4) BFG ATs with about 50% tread
- H4 conversion using Hella e-code housings, and I think 55W/80W bulbs
- Full set of husky liners (front, 2nd row, rear cargo)
- raingler divider net
- ZJ disc brake conversion
- OME coils and leafs
- (4) new OME shocks (about 8K on them)
- new OME steering stabilizer
- New stock steering
- New brakes
- Waterpump, starter, alternator, plugs, cap rotor wires, etc. all done in the last 10-15K.
- Newer dynomax cat-back with new converter.
-heated seats
- auto dim rear-view mirror with compass and temp.
- Alpine stereo with ipod connection, Infinity reference speakers (sounds pretty good) pre-wired for amp/sub

The Bad:
- needs a clock ring for the cruise and airbag to work (U-pull has a couple jeeps with them, or you can buy new for less than $200)
- AW4 lock-up feature does not work. A new converter is about $200, but I've been waiting for the whole thing to go (250K). I've put 20K on it this way and it does fine and mpgs are solidly at 16. I have a "said to be good" replacement trans (bought from local jeeper) that goes with it.

Looks good, and few on this forum can vouch for how clean it is for the amont of miles. It is time for me to move on to something different. May consider a trading up to a 4-door JK, depending on terms of course.

Let me know if you have questions. I'm very intimate with this Jeep and can recall any an all details. Oh, and I have receipts for nearly all of it. Factory gas tank skid, Class III hitch, and a new set of nutserts can be had for extra.

I am pretty firm on price, as the supsension and axles are nearly worth that. However cash talks. Clear title in my possesion. Located in the Mpls/St. Paul area of MN.

troy

Adventurer
It was available and I was not going to go bigger than my current tire size. I thought about re-gearing my HP30,, but this was more cost effective at the time.

troy

Adventurer
Traded it in. Now the proud owner of a 2003 Discovery. More to come in the Land Rover Forum :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94