Ambulance Body converted to EXPEDITON TRAILER

jronwood

Adventurer
I am taking a late model dually ambulance LifeLine Para I body ( welded alum extrusion and insulated) and building a frame under it with 17.5" tires (single axle). The body is 12' long, 8' wide and 8' high. Nearly everything is second hand. The axle is off a pole trailer. The steel frame is from a gas station awning, and even the roof ladder is from,...... cast steel cattle watering triggers staggered up a box tube (will double as downspout for capturing rain water off the roof). I also will include a collaspable "sliding tongue" to accomadate either my HPX Gator or a motorcycle. I am currently gathering parts and getting ready to construct the unit. I found a local company willing to sell me scratch/ dent windows, stove, fridge, heater, A/C, etc..... http://www.aliner.com/ I toured their plant (great folks and cool product) and they called back with some unbelievable prices on some damaged utilities for my project. My "awnings" will be slide out units from the roof rack and be rigid/ hollow profile 16mm lexan (like used in greenhouse work) framed in aluminum and in HDMWP channel to slide out easily.

I will tow it with a 2002 7.3 Ford 350-450 CC 4x4 flatbed. I am converting much of the 350 to F450 parts, including spings, shackles, and tires/ rims, etc... You cant beat the 19.5 for durability, also the 17.5 is awsome.

It is all sketches and in my head now. As soon as I figure out posting pics I will share them. Looking forward to learning some stuff here.

RV's.jpg

Ironwood

Last edited:

Captain K-man

Adventurer
LifeLine Para I body is a good body with lots of room & storage. I've worked in one for a few years. You should have a cool trailer when done. That's going to be heavy but, you got the right truck to pull it with. I can't wait to see the rain collection system & awning. Keep us posted & let me be the first to say photos please.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Welcome to ExPo, Your project sounds cool. You said local, Aliner is near Somerset. Where you from in PA, I am orginally from Uniontown.

jronwood

Adventurer
2500-3000. I don't mind the weight, I want quality. Thing is built like a brick @#$% house.

I just picked up a XT600 (in Demont ) to go on the tongue. I like that addition!!!

Jronwood

loren85022

Explorer
Similar For sale in OR: http://medford.craigslist.org/rvs/2408643475.html

3k73m63lf5Y55O15X0b5sc5b1f612401816df.jpg

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I was doing that with a Pinzgauer Ambulance Box and a custom built trailer. The trailer steps down in the center for the box to slide in. The benefit of that setup was I could remove the ambulance box, and put a deck over the step down area and have a flatbed trailer with the box off, and secure underdeck storage. The trailer is 14', the box is 10', so one ATV in front of the box, and one inside (a real plus of the Pinzgauer box). But now that I bought a Fuso FG, that project is cancelled. :(

trailer1.jpg

pinzbox-atv.jpg

jronwood

Adventurer
Here are some pics (I think)

woops

Attachments

• phone 309.jpg
    phone 309.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • phone 307.jpg
    phone 307.jpg