new from Austria: ActionCamper for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
I want to congratulate you on your masterpiece! This Jeep is absolutely amazing!

Not only that but I can't believe how fast you were able to complete this! Looks great guys!

I thank you very much!!! Yes it was hard to believe that we loaded the container on time. We still have to finish the project with my U.S. partner to be at the SEMA show in Las Vegas.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
The interior is amazing!

Best of luck at SEMA.

I thank you very much too!!! The Expedition Portal and Outlander Jounal will be the first media where my U.S. partner will announce our cooperation. He and his company are well known for their perfect, quality work to give the ActionCamper all it needs to be what it's intended to - a good partner for outlanding and expeditions. There where many interested companies for distribution, but I was lucky to find a very thoughtful, smart man with endless experience, who will do much more than moving boxes. You'll be delighted to find out his name!

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
I'm assuming the faucet/sprayer needs to be laying in the sink bowl for the lid to close? (It doesn't look like it pivots at all).

Worked for me.

You're right. The padded pouch for the faucet wasn't ready yet when I made the photos / videos. It will fit rattle free under the stove rods. It may seem as a disadvantage to pull the faucet, cover it with the pouch and stick under the stove rods, but it my be used in many ways, in- and outside of the camper. We plan to offer a shower courtain to be used at the dining area ( table in upright position ).
Whoever doesn't like this feature can have a standard pivoting faucet and an optinal second outside shower under the external cabinet door.

pods8

Explorer
You're right. The padded pouch for the faucet wasn't ready yet when I made the photos / videos. It will fit rattle free under the stove rods. It may seem as a disadvantage to pull the faucet, cover it with the pouch and stick under the stove rods, but it my be used in many ways, in- and outside of the camper. We plan to offer a shower courtain to be used at the dining area ( table in upright position ).
Whoever doesn't like this feature can have a standard pivoting faucet and an optinal second outside shower under the external cabinet door.

Seems like it will work fine for those that like that option, I was just confirming an observation.

For these size campers I like smaller/basic on demand pumps rather than pressurized systems so I like the electric shurflo faucets which have a switch for the pump built into the valve control. The thought of modifying a spray faucet to have an electrical speed control for the pump on it is appealing for some flexibility in use (wouldn't have valve control on it but pump speed should be enough to adjust flow reasonably).

Scott Brady

Founder
Overland Journal and ExPo are excited to see the camper in person. It will be a great SEMA vehicle, no doubt! We also have a short adventure planned for it to provide a comprehensive test.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Seems like it will work fine for those that like that option, I was just confirming an observation.

For these size campers I like smaller/basic on demand pumps rather than pressurized systems so I like the electric shurflo faucets which have a switch for the pump built into the valve control. The thought of modifying a spray faucet to have an electrical speed control for the pump on it is appealing for some flexibility in use (wouldn't have valve control on it but pump speed should be enough to adjust flow reasonably).

We use a valve with electric switch to run a pump on demand, but we will install the pump and all other hardware once the ActionCamper arrives in U.S.. The reason is that in Europe we don't have the same standards in all countries, but all of them vary a lot from the U.S. standards. So the final installation work will allways be done by the U.S. distributor, also because it's important to us to tailor the needs of each customer.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Overland Journal and ExPo are excited to see the camper in person. It will be a great SEMA vehicle, no doubt! We also have a short adventure planned for it to provide a comprehensive test.

Hi Scott,
I'm very happy reading your post and look forward meeting you. It's a real kick that you plan a test. It's somehow interesting that a vehicle developed in Europe ( Austria and Italy ) will be finalized and tested in the U.S.. We where in such a hurry to load the container on the 21st September, that we could only test the aerodynamics, fuel consumption, road handling and drive it on rough roads. We didn't want to make any demages to the SEMA prototype. I can't wait to do the testing and photographing in a exciting landscape. Thanks for this opportunity!
p.s.: Overland Jornal - Gear Guide 2011 - .... endophin level soaring. The photo made near Buck Farm Point is my girlfriends and my favourite place to get married outdoors. We both would love to have this romantic photo at home. Could we please have a copy and the coordinates?

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
All I saw was a green screen, anyone else have any luck? :(

Brian

Internet Explorer runs perfect, Opera and Firefox need a plug-in, all other browsers are not tested. The advantage of the *.wmv format is that it has the highest quality by file size ratio. The same in video *.mpg format is about three times bigger. Even though people living in cities have high speed connections, we try with our webdesign to give people living in the countryside a chance to view videos and panoramas.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Looking at your camper, I think I might probably still be European at heart. Love that design. Any plans on selling to the US or to sell just an empty shell (or empty shell kit)?

Kowboy

Adventurer
To move the conversation to your thread instead of the picture thread ...

So you have to carry the spare tire through the camper to get to it? Removing the clean spare that way is one thing ... putting the dirty/muddy flat tire back up there is another. Any thoughts for an external mount?

35" tires do not allow for much clearance but are probably about the strength limit of the little Dana 44 axles on the Rubicon. This is a really nice looking product! But just like the EarthRoamer jeep ... the light duty drivetrain makes me shy away from it and the cost of upgrading the drivetrain makes it cost prohibitive for my application.

Certainly be an excellent option though for Folks that require less off-road ability. :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles