new from Austria: ActionCamper for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
It's getting more and more thrilling. The ship / container ETA (time of arrival) changed from 26th to 27th October. We'll have to drive nearly 8 hours to the workshop, slide the camper on the Jeep and hook-up everything, then drive another 5 hours to Las Vegas. We have to show up there on the 29th by 3 p.m. in order to by placed on the VIP spot in the front / middle of the main entrance. If lucky we make it on time.

jrueppel

Adventurer
Sounds like a great adventure in itself! Looking forward to seeing it assembled and many thanks for all the photos. Pretty sure I'm not the only viewer who's enjoyed seeing all the details!

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
It's getting more and more thrilling. The ship / container ETA (time of arrival) changed from 26th to 27th October. We'll have to drive nearly 8 hours to the workshop, slide the camper on the Jeep and hook-up everything, then drive another 5 hours to Las Vegas. We have to show up there on the 29th by 3 p.m. in order to by placed on the VIP spot in the front / middle of the main entrance. If lucky we make it on time.
Sounds like you will not be catching a lot of sleep those days :elkgrin: Good luck, hope all goes well!!

jrueppel

Adventurer
Curious minds can't help wondering. And right now I'm wondering who and where that partner might be that was hinted at.

8 hours drive from the Port of Hueneme to the assembly partner. So somewhere in Northern California? Or perhaps Arizona? But only a 5 hour drive from the assembly partner to Las Vegas? Starts to make Arizona sound pretty likely?

In Phoenix?
Or Flagstaff?
Or maybe...Prescott?

:ylsmoke:

Xrunner

Explorer
Can't help but notice what was posted on the AT Overland's facebook page. :D

AT_action.jpg

jrueppel

Adventurer
Definitely very cool that AT is onboard. It's pretty amazing how much the market for JK specific overland products has grown in the past 2 years.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
:lurk: Still patiently waiting for pictures/details from SEMA...

The Action Camper is on a voyage to Toroweap section of the Grand Canyon and won't be back until Monday. We'll have pictures upon it's return.

DKB2GO

Observer
Gvwr

An entry dated November 3 says the Action Camper adds 380 lbs to the Wrangler. The 2012 Wrangler Rubicon has a cargo capacity of only 892 lbs, so you'd have to be careful with the weight of added bumpers, body armor, bigger fuel tank and other ExPo goodies.

Was happy to come across this thread again and learn that ActionCamper is indeed coming to America. This is a great design reflecting a lot of thought. I am excited to see it as an option for those with a Jeep Unlimited. Nevertheless, Haven raises a very important detail. Given this is designed for two people, I don't see how one could avoid significantly going over the GVWR.

ActionCapmer: 380 +
Fresh H2O: 105.80 +
Fuel 23 gallons: 139.15
----------------------
Avail allowance for Passengers AND GEAR: 267.05

I'm aware many exceed the GVWR on a regular basis and do so without harm (yet) coming their way. Safety aside, routinely exceeding GVWR forces the vehicle and its components to work harder than designed and wear out sooner. Specific to the figures on the ActionCamper web site, one would be quite a bit over GVWR after adding passengers, AGM battery, food, and bare minimum recovery gear. I have a small frame and would be traveling with my dog and don't know how I would do so within these numbers.

What am I missing? :coffee:

David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles