My 67 Mini trail trailer

jkce72

Observer
I'm no expert but I figure fenders might be required in Ca. As far as the tongue goes, I guess I'm from the school of over building everything. If the trailer is going where the 4Runner can go you might need it. It seems it would be pretty easy to run a piece of tubing up the middle of that channel(maybe back to the 3rd cross brace) and weld/bolt it there and you'd be good to go.:)

yeler

Observer
I'm no expert but I figure fenders might be required in Ca. As far as the tongue goes, I guess I'm from the school of over building everything. If the trailer is going where the 4Runner can go you might need it. It seems it would be pretty easy to run a piece of tubing up the middle of that channel(maybe back to the 3rd cross brace) and weld/bolt it there and you'd be good to go.:)

yer probably right on both accounts LOL

great thinking my offroad friend :iagree:

yeler

Observer
crap now I need to find/make fenders LOL or not cause Im pretty sure trailers are ok as long as you have mud flaps, cause car trailers dont need them....... crap now I gotta resurch LOL

Last edited:

jkce72

Observer
I'm not sure on mud flaps or fenders just a assumption from living in Ca. for many years. When I built my trailer I couldn't find any fenders the right size so I just made my own because I was to impatient/cheap to wait for some. http://www.adventuretrailers.com/ could probably help you out there.

yeler

Observer
To fender or not to fender thats the question .....

Was thinking removable fenders ...

But thats a pain so ....

Im gonna go to Tractor Supply and get the cheapest ones I can find and just make a spot to mount a cutting board on one side

Then plate the top of the second with 1/4 Diamond plate for working on parts and what not

yeler

Observer
well if all goes well it will be on the rubicon in Sept. at the Marlin Crawler Round-up

shacklesandskidplate009.jpg

behind this beast

shacklesandskidplate008.jpg

yeler

Observer
update

update, made the round up only to have to come home the first day because my son in law broke down, oh well but the trailer is the same getting ready to put it back in the shop and put on longer shackles and maybe replace the axle with a square tube design, mount some boxes outside the main box as fenders.

Attachments

• MINIALLOADED001Small.jpg
    MINIALLOADED001Small.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 50

yeler

Observer
it's been a while but the mini trailer is back on the operating table, well i am collecting parts for now

got some better than I had 35's from a buddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior