Class C RV Questions

jcook5003

Hey Guys-

My wife and I do endurance (horse) riding and while looking at tons of options we pretty much settled on a 21-23' Class C RV converted to 4x4 by Quigley.

The problem I have is I cant find any optioned the way I want, I thought maybe you guys could point me in the direction of a company that offers something like we want.

First like I said it needs to be 21-23' long with the typical rear bed/bath setup that is very common of Class C's this length. It should also have a slide out with a sofa in it not a dinette. Now the real kicker, I'd like it to be built on a Chevy chassis with a diesel, that one has been nearly impossible to find.

Thanks for your help guys, as I said we aren't your typical ExPo members but we will be camping in unimproved areas and boondocking a lot. We also love to hike and canoe, so we will be headed out into the Nat'l Forest some.

Thanks for any help.
Josh

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Boulder off road converts chevy rvs, maybe you can find what you are looking for in two wheel drive and then have it converted?

cwsqbm

Explorer
The biggest problem with a Chevy diesel van (and the reason you don't see Class C RVs built on them) is front GAWR (gross axles weight rating). Its the reason RVs have the large rear over hang - so that most of the weight ends up on the rear axle. Adding Quigley's 4wd system adds another 275lbs or so to that.

You'd have more luck with a Ford F-450/550-based camper, even though it would add a couple feet to the overall length. That's the reason its the standard answer to those wanting a 4x4 diesel Class C, especially now that GM doesn't make the Kodiak/TopKick family anymore.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Even in the Fords, the diesel is rare. I have a customer converting one next week in CA. Here's a gas model that was recently converted using my kit---

600_G_M_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne