2008 Chevrolet Colorado build

bbbflash

Observer
Mate, great truck! I have always loved these back home and even though Holden(GM) have a Colorado down here in Australia, they still are not as cool as the Chevy. You have convinced me to ditch the idea of setting up my Grand Cherokee and let the wife have it while I get the Holden Colorado and setting it up like yours. An Aussie version.

I love what you have done with the back, but it appears that you cant have an annex with your RTT since it is so low and not on the roof. Am I correct?

Well done mate. Keep posting pics and updates.

nmatcek

Adventurer
Mate, great truck! I have always loved these back home and even though Holden(GM) have a Colorado down here in Australia, they still are not as cool as the Chevy. You have convinced me to ditch the idea of setting up my Grand Cherokee and let the wife have it while I get the Holden Colorado and setting it up like yours. An Aussie version.

I love what you have done with the back, but it appears that you cant have an annex with your RTT since it is so low and not on the roof. Am I correct?

Well done mate. Keep posting pics and updates.

Sorry for the DELAYED response haha. We have a new addition to the family so I've been a little busy :) Yes you are correct about the annex. The tent sits too low to be able to use one. You could put one on for the sake of expanding sleeping space since standing room would not be an issue. We have a small pop up shower shelter that we use for changing and privacy. Thanks again to all above for the kind words.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

nmatcek

Adventurer
A couple new things. I'm running an ARE shell now with the wing type windoors on the sides. My brother fabbed up a new rear bumper for me. We hacked off the bottom of the bed sides and welded on wrap around side tubes. Also has 2 frame mounted shackle points and a 2" receiver tube.
myrere3y.jpg

9e8ejasu.jpg

gedegabu.jpg

ubejaveq.jpg

umadyvut.jpg

ytubumas.jpg

The old bumper hung all the way down to where the 1ft mark is here.
egugarab.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Really like this. I had missed the rear bumper. The side wraps are nice. Mine has a nice "beauty mark" between the rear wheel and the bumper from something coming up from below.

nmatcek

Adventurer
So is this truck gone now that you have the LC?
Yep, she's gone. With a rapidly growing 2 year old and planning on another little one, we were running out of space fast. Also, my wife and I were tired of fighting over the arm rest/center console.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles