Whats this Bantam worth?

lcpdx

Observer
Post WW II civilian model with Bantam i.d. plate.
Pintle removed and replaced with standard ball type hitch. Had drop down parking stand. Electrics work. Tailgate hinge bracket needs to be replaced. Small cancer spots where front of bed meets front wall. Suspension, axles, wheels and tires good.

What would estimate be to have a shop blast it and have repaint? (never done that before so no idea)

Pooch72

Adventurer
my buddy has a trailer very similar to this one, and with the small amount of work he's done, he's doubled the value of it. I'd estimate your current value at 300-400 dollars. With a portable media blaster, a bag of sand, a couple hours of prep work and a couple rattle cans, you could easily double your value.

But, honestly, it's likely worth more to someone who invests the time to make it something special. At least, that's the way I see it.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Friend of mine just picked up the same trailer for $50....Probably not typical but you'll find these in quite a varied price range. FWIW, the civi T3C's never had a pintle lunette, but came with a ball hitch. The one on your trailer is a newer replacement.
These are cool little trailers but won't approach the value of a military version to most enthusiasts. If you get it blasted, take as much of it apart as possible to get the best result.
Good luck with it.

Errant

Explorer
Even with doing all the prep work myself, the best estimate I was given was $800 for my M100 trailer. That still seemed like too much to pay for something that was going to drug along dirt trails. I bought a case of Rustoleum cammo green and used about half of it. I keep the rest handy for touch ups ;)

atavuss

Adventurer
no idea on the sandblast and repaint cost. I also have a post WWll Bantam trailer. what is the serial # of yours? the tailgate hinges on your Bantam are not original.
I added M416 safety chains and a off road type hitch to mine:
pahitch.jpg

hard to see but these are the original tailgate hinges:
trailer.jpg

Jekyll2000

no idea on the sandblast and repaint cost. I also have a post WWll Bantam trailer. what is the serial # of yours? the tailgate hinges on your Bantam are not original.
I added M416 safety chains and a off road type hitch to mine:
pahitch.jpg

hard to see but these are the original tailgate hinges:
trailer.jpg

I would like to see more details on your rack. I want to carry Kayaks with my M416 and your rack looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94