Do nitto tires pull left?

Ryanc

SE Expedition Society
Just put on nitto 35x1250x17 trail grapplers and now I am getting a left pull. I also replaced my tie rod, but this should not cause a directional pull. I have read other forums that this may be due to the tires. My previous MTRs did not pull, my alignment is to spec.

bob91yj

Resident **************
There is such a thing as radial tire pull. Try cross rotating the tires and see if the pull goes away. If the pull is the same after that, I'd say it's the vehicle and not the tires.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: heh Heh, you probably have a port induced "toe in" from the new tie rod installation!

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

cjlewis

SE Expedition Society
Same tire, 3 shops, 3 alignments & balancing and big time left pull. Tires have been rotated in every possible position plus road forced balanced and carefully aligned on the hub...still pulls.

I also have adjustable LCA that were adjusted to no avail. And by left pull I mean a full lane chance in about 7 secs. @ 65mph. Something is bent or these tires are evil...great on the trail but evil on the road. I've learn to live in with (for now).

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Same things with the MTR's I have pull to the right. No matter what PSI and I have checked my toe about 10 times now with the upgraded tie rod and it is great...

Ryanc

SE Expedition Society
Same things with the MTR's I have pull to the right. No matter what PSI and I have checked my toe about 10 times now with the upgraded tie rod and it is great...

My MTRs allways pulled a little right. Now I put on nittos, and they pull left.

K2ZJ

Explorer
Do you have a good friend who will loan you a set of tires for an hour? Just take yours off put his on and go for a drive come back and swap back. That will confirm or eliminate the tires.

TravelTacoma

Observer
Nittos

Just put on nitto 35x1250x17 trail grapplers and now I am getting a left pull. I also replaced my tie rod, but this should not cause a directional pull. I have read other forums that this may be due to the tires. My previous MTRs did not pull, my alignment is to spec.

I've never had a pull with my Nittos. I have the Trail Grappler in the 285/75 flavor and they ride surprisingly well. You may have just gotten a bad tire. Try talking to the place you bought them. They may trade you a new set to see if that solves the problem.

kjp1969

Explorer
I did my own alignment.

DIY alignments can be pretty good or really bad depending on your skill and equipment. I've done the string alignment with a ruler, but I'd be thrilled to get within 1/16" accurate. If rotating the tires doesn't change the pull, suspect the alignment and get it checked at a shop. Would be worth it to see how close your DIY jobby was.

Ryanc

SE Expedition Society
DIY alignments can be pretty good or really bad depending on your skill and equipment. I've done the string alignment with a ruler, but I'd be thrilled to get within 1/16" accurate. If rotating the tires doesn't change the pull, suspect the alignment and get it checked at a shop. Would be worth it to see how close your DIY jobby was.

Ive aligned quite a few jeeps to pretty good accuracy. I took it to the pros today so that they could take a look at my tires and give me some documentation stating if 1 or more of my tires are bad. Its allways something.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Everytime you change tire mfg/install-, you alter the actual toein, sometimes minor, sometimes major--

The more you minimize your toein, the more the actual paralax, between the front axle/rear axle, becomes apparent and that can cause some right/left pull--

Could be warped rotor/binding/brake pad--lotta reasons-rarely the tire mfg, unless there's a signifigant diameter difference between the two front tires !!

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles