What are you using for BBQ Grills

jesus_man

We got what appears to be a nearly new grill with our pop-up camper. The first time I went to use it, I knew why it was new...getting hardly any gas. I may be able to replace the regulator to fix the problem and I want to fix my problem the most economical way, but as a backup, are there other options for grills that I may be able to attach to the side of the camper with the rails the current one does? Oh, the company who makes my grill is now discontinued them and no parts are available.

Seems the manufacturer is now supplying a sidekick RV500 with the trailers. Cheapest I found was $150. Any other options? Thanks!

J.D.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I grill with hardwood or charcoal; I only use propane for the stove.

Sometimes I bring the smoker or part of it for grilling; sometimes just a little pop-up grate that I put over part of a fire.
If I'm going to cook with fire, I wanna cook with fire. Propane grilling doesn't do it for me.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
We use a Pit-2-Go, which we like because it functions both as a charcoal grill and as a firepit. Kind of a folding version of the old firepit in a washing machine tub trick. We've had ours for years and it's still holding up well.

jesus_man

Thanks very much for the replies. Some good ideas. I prefer to grill with gas because it's on or off and I can moderate the temperature. Some meals we cook burn the bottom and the top is raw if you cook too high. My wife seems upset when I can take 40 minutes to an hour to cook a 1/2lb burger, but boy are they juicy!

Let me take that back, I prefer to cook over a campfire, but the trend here in CO seems to be that fires are only allowed in campgrounds (booooring).

However, the good news is I found a small nest or egg pouch from a mud-dobber bee in the inlet of my grill. After clearing that, it appears the grill functions normally. Just surprised the two owners it's had in the last 6 years didn't figure it out.

So for now, I am back in business.

J.D.

jim65wagon

cadac%20saf%20500.jpg
We use the Cadac Safari Chef, we picked it up last season and it works well. It's a little small if you're trying to grill some really nice big porterhouse steaks, or food for a lot of peeps, but for 2-4 people for burgers or average sized steaks it works well. It's very portable in it's own little carry bag, and can use a 1 lb propane bottle......

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Have the Home Depot Stainless Steel tabletop model.....looked for a link but don't see it on the website...hmmm

Works good, very happy with it. Not overly built, but seems like you'd get 5-7 seasons with some basic care....and for 75$, that would make me happy.

steak1.JPG

yeler

Observer
we use a $20.00 from CVS it works great and we take it everywhere in our tent trailer to the Rubicon and so on and we love it from breakfast to pizza its awesome for a $20.00 BBQ

Campndad

Essayons!!
I have a Magma, and a Cardac, but I like my Mini Big Green Egg Mounted to the trailer tounge can hold enough charcoal for several Meals and can be transported seperatley.

album.php
Trailer.JPGMini Egg on trailer.JPG

Last edited:

CCH

Adventurer
Glad you fixed yours, but for anyone in the market, I HIGHLY recommend that Weber. Picked mine up for $1 at a garage sale twenty years ago. With a bit of bending of the support legs in a vise and some stainless screws to replace the broken welds on the lid handle, it has survived a roll-over that totaled a Ford F-150 and uncountable cook outs. It's a winner in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior