ARB 4Runner Build

ARB_USA

Supporting Sponsor
apart from the Trail's better departure angles, anyway. or should we take that statement to mean there'll be an ARB rear bumper, as well?

Unfortunately, nothing yet in the works for the rear bumper.

We have not had an opportunity to take a look under a Trail Edition model. From what we can see on Toyota's website and looking at our Limited, the Limited rear bumper could be easily cut to match the departure angle of the Trail Edition. The hitch and spare tire seem to be in the same location.

Can someone who has a Trail Edition confirm and post a photo?

sandcrawler

Observer
Unfortunately, nothing yet in the works for the rear bumper.

We have not had an opportunity to take a look under a Trail Edition model. From what we can see on Toyota's website and looking at our Limited, the Limited rear bumper could be easily cut to match the departure angle of the Trail Edition. The hitch and spare tire seem to be in the same location.

Can someone who has a Trail Edition confirm and post a photo?
i don't have a photo handy, but i do have a 2010 Trail and can confirm that, yes, the differences are due to the body panels; not structural. the Limited and SR5 bumper panels hang lower and bulge wider.

you can cut them, of course, but i was hoping that ARB was taking the opportunity to fit a custom steel bumper for the rear.

TRegasaurus

Adventurer
This is a really nice build, I wonder though will you be posting a list of parts and costs for those of us who may want to undertake such a build?
Also perhaps a comparison between the ARB suspension equipped Limited and the Trail Edition.

ARB_USA

Supporting Sponsor
This is a really nice build, I wonder though will you be posting a list of parts and costs for those of us who may want to undertake such a build?
Also perhaps a comparison between the ARB suspension equipped Limited and the Trail Edition.

Once the build is complete, we will post a list of all the parts along with MSRP.

As for the suspension comparison, we didn't have anytime to test the factory suspension so we wouldn't be able to make a fare comparison.

ssmathis

Observer
As of now no one has been able to get a 16" wheel to fit. Toyota 16" wheels won't clear the larger rotors and calipers in the front. It's possible there is one out there that may work but I haven't seen it yet.

Scott

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
4Runner is still a good platform

OME suspension = good value.

Mall crawlers or not in stock trim, the 4Runner continues to be one of the best new utility vehicles with the potential to be a very good travel & trail rig after an artful painting of the canvas.

ARB_USA

Supporting Sponsor
A few shots of the tires mounted to some older 4Runner 17" wheels.

4Runner_tires_front.JPG

4Runner_tires_rear.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles