Trasharoo Question

jet noise

Observer
Just ordered mine, thanks to all the positive feedback I've read on this thread! I'll use it next weekend, can't wait!

brushogger

Explorer
Ray, we're actually in the middle of testing our "Sag Strap". It ties the two leads together to stop the sagging issue.

sagstrap.jpg

I cross the straps behind the tire and don't really have a sagging issue. Just snug em up good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtytires

Explorer
I want to buy one and use it for my trailer. Besides hanging over a spare tire, is there other ways to hang it?
I dont want to rip the straps off it..

Tbars

Adventurer
...Think of it like a large backpack with upper and lower adjustable straps that clip to each other to make one strap on each side...

..Besides mounting on your spare tire, you can mount this on a rear hatch (below the window) of a suv, on a tailgate of a truck, whatever you can get the straps around and clip them together...

..I use all of mine for all those uses...:D

FlyJester

Adventurer
Here's a pic of mine....some fade then, more faded now...but that's okay with me.... :) This was a pic from a local run on the Trans Continental Railroad trail around the Great Salt Lake, and a chance meeting with Chris Collard (OJ editor) coming the other way as he was on his own adventure.

DSC03968-1-1.jpg

Oh yeah....Delta wings and a Cartman sticker from the quarter machines at the Metro gas station at the beginning of the trip.

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Trasharoo........

I have a gen. one bag (spring 2010) that has been all over from East us to West us and back twice, Mohjav road, DV, Moab, Grand Canyon and down South, up to Canada, James Bay region Hudson Bay, New England, great piece of kit. Mine has faded a lot and has dirt that I can't get out all over it, oh well its beat up like me but still works like a champ! mjmcdowell

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Trasharoo........

Hmmmm... seems as tho I have praised the bag in an older post... getting forgetful in my old age.... :Wow1: mjmcdowell

marcall

Observer
Will these work if you don't have a spare tire on the back (Think WJ Grand Cherokee). I'm guessing I could rig it to the roof rails or something? How long are the cinch straps?

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I started the thread 13 months ago, mine is still going strong, and amazes me at just how much crap it can hold!

Adventurer
HI All,
I have the tan version. I switch it between vehicles and leave it off between trips. It's a bit unhandy to do this because the straps have to be adjusted differently for each vehicle. But, it's not that big of a deal. It's pretty interesting to see how many different ways it can be used. For me, firewood would be a primary alternative duty. For trash, I always use a plastic bag liner.

Sparky

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Here's a pic of mine....some fade then, more faded now...but that's okay with me.... :) This was a pic from a local run on the Trans Continental Railroad trail around the Great Salt Lake, and a chance meeting with Chris Collard (OJ editor) coming the other way as he was on his own adventure.

DSC03968-1-1.jpg

Oh yeah....Delta wings and a Cartman sticker from the quarter machines at the Metro gas station at the beginning of the trip.

there's enough toyota's on that trail :)

we should look into doing a custom EXPO trasharoo ! or wish EXPO would for us

Last edited:

xplorer

Trasharoo

My Trasharoo on the back of my TJ on Macdonald Pass in Colorado during our Continental divide run from Canada to Mexico the summer of 2011.

We found out the Trasharoo will hold a ton of whatever you want to stuff in it. I've had it on my Jeep for over a year and it still looks good and shows no sign of wearing out.

Attachments

• CDR days 4,5,6 033.jpg
    CDR days 4,5,6 033.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles