Wilderness First Aid Courses in Prescott, AZ and Pagosa, CO

AZUnlimited

Adventurer
It's getting close to the class. We are really looking forward to it. The BBQ and adventure movies sound great! Do we need to bring our own grill, or does the OJ Shop have one that we could grab some space on?

mervifwdc

Adventurer
I complete a Wilderness First Aid course here in Ireland last weekend, and it's superb! I had done a "regular" first aid course some years back, but the wilderness aspect of it is great, and the concepts and ideas and ways of deciding what to do are a little different.

if anyone is on the fence, go for it!

Merv.

I'm pretty sure there is a grill there--I will be supplying basic BBQ stuff--and some vege-burgers for those who want that as an option. Coleslaw, chips and all the other stuff that goes with everything. BYOB and beers----and you can share with your Instructor:sombrero:

toddz69

Explorer
X2 on a great course, Kristina. You are a great instructor and I learned A LOT this weekend. Thank you very much.

Scott, Jeremy, Chazz and the rest of the OJ crew: thank for opening your HQ for this event and extending your usual great hospitality.

Todd Z.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Awesome class x 3!

Kristina is a great instructor, highly knowledgeable, and has in field experience. She also knows and shares our passion for outdoor travel, and how this training applies to what we do, be it vehicle based or on foot.

I highly recommend this course for anyone that travels solo, with a group, or leads group events. I was trained as a Guard first responder/EMT back in 1981, and this was an eye opener on how much things have changed for the better in 30 years. It also underscored how much of that knowledge I've lost! First Aid skills require current updates, and I'm certainly better prepared today than I was on Friday. WFA is vastly different than what I was trained for - I had helo support waiting (weather permitting) 24/7.

Thanks again Kristina!

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Had a great time and learned so much! I would recommend this class to everyone. Thanks Kristina and thanks to everyone at OJ for giving us a great place to hold it and awesome hospitality. And not to mention great food!

We had the most awesome adventurer/participants for this WFA class! Thanks to everyone who participated and brought so much to the class as well. I know that I would love to travel with all of you--for many reasons--the great intelligent conversations, the goofy laughs and fun and the high level of experience from everyone.

A huge thank you to Overland Journal--Scott, Jeremy, Stephanie, Chazz, Austin, Andre ----the location was perfect--the motorcycle scenario was way cool!! The BBQ and adventure video was a great wrap-up to the class.

I will be sending out info for first aid kits soon and look for your certifications in the mail within a couple of weeks.

And now--let's plan a way cool overlanding trip soon!

:sombrero:

Thanks again everyone!! You all super-rock!!

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I will be sending out info for first aid kits soon and look for your certifications in the mail within a couple of weeks.
I am a Wilderness First Aid certificate holder, but need to overhaul my kit. I'd be interested in what you are putting together...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles