Wilderness First Aid Courses in Prescott, AZ and Pagosa, CO

Scott Brady

Founder
Kristina Hall, ExPo's resident WFA guru will be conducting two-day wilderness medical training courses in Prescott and Pagosa. I took this course a few years ago and found it invaluable. Our team has used this training in the field on several occasions.

Kristina has the cost as affordable as possible and EW/OJ does not receive any proceeds from the courses. We just feel it is a very important part of the outdoor skill set.

The Prescott Training is held at the Overland Journal / ExPo offices August 13th and 14th. You can camp on site and use our offices, etc. The cost is only $225 and is all inclusive. I am planning to take this class along with Jeremy and a few others.

The Pagosa training is at Cruiser Concepts August 20th and 21st. The cost is also $225. This is one of the most beautiful areas of the country.

You can contact Kristina (dessertgirl on this forum) via email at kristinahall (at) mac (dot) com.

Last edited:
Yes! This is a really great class for anyone who ventures into the backcountry either on 4 wheels, 2 wheels, water, horesback or by foot. This is also essential for trail leaders.

This is a really fun and fast paced class that uses lots of realistic scenarios to create a feeling of practicality. The class is approx. 16 hours over Saturday and Sunday. You will get trained and certified in Wilderness First Aid and CPR. Certifications come through the Red Cross and are valid for 2 years. I am an authorized Instructor and Instructor Trainer with the American Red Cross.

Let me know if you are interested soon as there are only a few spaces left!

Happy Trails all!

Kristina

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Looking forward to the re-cert class with you Kristina!!
:elkgrin:

As well as:
Mark Pansing
Matt Barisic

This is going to be a fabulous and fun class at OJ headquarters with the core team and friends! PM me for more details!!

IMG_1723.jpg

This is so awesome and going to be great! We have 9 confirmed participants. Ok folks--only room for 3 more! If you want to get trained and certified in Wilderness First Aid & CPR--this is going to be a rocking class at OJ Headquarters!

I will be holding these classes periodically and in various locations. Stay tuned on the Portal for location updates.

By the way--this class only has a couple of slots left! Sign up soon to get trained and certified with a great and fun group at Overland Journal Headquarters! August 13th & 14th.

Scott Brady

Founder
Looking forward to the class Kristina.

Everyone is also welcome to camp at the Overland Journal shop. We will be sure to have a BBQ and hang out one night. Maybe watch some cool adventure DVDs.

Ok folks the class is coming up next weekend, August 13th & 14th. Class will start promptly at 8:30 am and run until 5 or 5:30 on Saturday and will maybe get out by 4:00 on Sunday.

Please bring snacks, water, lunch stuff, camp chairs, notepads and pens. I will supply materials, supplies and some snacks and coffee.

Remember that this is a 2 year certification in Wilderness First Aid and CPR through the American Red Cross.

Here is the address:

Overland Journal Headquarters
3035 N Tarra Ave, Suite 1
Prescott, AZ 86301

Here is my website Sweet Otter.com with
more information---

You are welcome to camp at the headquarters or there is camping at nearby Lynx Lake and some cute hotels/motels in town. The Raven Cafe has great food, beers and wine and there are fun coffee shops in town.

We will probably do a BBQ on Saturday night and show some adventure DVD's as well.

That's it for now! Please let me know if you have any questions. You can pay via PayPal or with cash or check at the class.

This is going to be a fun, informative and hands-on class.

See you all soon!

Ok this is the final and last call for this class if anyone wants to join in! The class is quite full now-however, still room for 1 or 2 more at the most! This is going to be an exceptional class with lots of great experienced overlanders. BBQ and adventure movies on Saturday night after class and you are welcome to camp at OJ headquarters.

See everyone bright and early on Saturday morning August 13th. Class starts promptly at 8:30!! :coffeedrink::

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles