Cant believe Im considering domestic 07 Tahoe

I come from Land Rovers and love them very much. There amazing vehicles. But something has called me to the tahoe.. I know the land rover is a much more capable vehicle, and I am do get into some very technical terrain [which I wont even attempt with a tahoe] Do yall think a tahoe makes a good Expo vehicle?

ExploringNH

Explorer
I don't have anything valuable to add but I wanted to say that you are not alone.

I love the new body style and really want to build one. In a few more years, when they are worth nothing on the resale market, I might be able to afford one. I think that it could be just as good of an expo rig as any other vehicle, provided it is built the right way.

Scott Brady

Founder
I drove a 2010 Tahoe from SoCal to Prescott a few weeks ago. Nice, comfortable ride. They look good too. If your requirements are more road and road trip biased, it is likely a sound choice. I am not a 'Chevy' fan myself, but after having driven the vehicle, I warmed up ever so slightly :D

2 E L O

Adventurer
While they're obviously a lot more bulky than LRs, I think with some time, money, and effort they can be pretty decent Expo vehicles. I've done some mild modifications to my '07 Tahoe but it has increased offroad capability significantly. Cargo and payload capacity is great, towing capacity is great for a 1/2 ton chassis SUV, etc. The seats are fairly comfortable for extended trips, too.

I installed a 2.5" front, 1" rear leveling kit for less than $200. When doing this upgrade, you're able to fit 33" tires with minimal trimming. I also trimmed the front air dam to get the body parts further from the ground. I've performed a fair amount of other upgrades to improve performance and make the Tahoe look a little more to my liking.

There is a significant offering of aftermarket suspension, engine, drivetrain, etc. parts for these vehicles which makes modifications fairly inexpensive and easy.

My Tahoe:

IMAG0114.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
My brother has an '07 and camps often but tows his boat(s) more. He loves it.
Said it had some front end trouble and the dealer wasn't surprised; got it fixed right before the warranty ran out.

It's his second Tahoe after two Travelalls; I didn't think he'd ever part with the Internationals but they became too hard to get parts for.

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
my set up: ive got the 2.5f 1.25 rear ccm leveling kit, nfab light bar with hella lights, xd endureo wheels, bfg km2 m/t tires, skid plates. the only thing id change is getting a front end replacment because the only thing that has ever held me back is front end clearence, other than that its awesome for edventure driving.

DSC_0222-2.jpg

0e75ca73-orig.jpg

854eac4a-orig.jpg

7d2a2864-orig.jpg

y5e06

I've been eyeballing the newer ones as well. I have the OBS and it hasn't come along as far as I originally planned but I've had thoughts of a newer one.
The above pics/comments remind me of the border patrol trucks I've seen at a station near my ma's house in New Mexico.
Many have the front fascia trimmed up for clearance.
V%20%28Medium%29.jpg

BorderOfficersFightSmuggling.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz