new Eezi-awn Ttop ladder Q

overlander

Expedition Leader
so reading the new OJ with the RTT showdown, I was surprised to learn the T top ladder now has integrated extension which is awesome. i have the now older model with the removable extension, which I don't like as it must be stowed seperately. Can someone post pics of tje new extension and does anyone know if the older ladder can be upgraded. with the new extension piece?

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
The new ladder used on the Eezi-Awn T-Top XKLUSIV is a great design. There is an aluminum frame inset into the ladder bottom that has a set of spring loaded pins securing the frame at several desired heights. It is adjustable to the terrain you are camping on. Pull the cord to release the pins, adjust to proper height, and set the pins. Pretty slick. It retracts the extension itself into the lower portion of the ladder, and as you said, it remedies the need to store the extension remotely.

At this time the ladder is specific to the XKLUSIV models, but our plan is to offer this ladder complete as a stand alone product at a future date. We haven't heard pricing on the ladder yet. Here are a couple photos for you to take a look at.

IMGP7418.JPGnewladder.JPGDSC_0078.JPG

If you have any questions on the XKLUSIV or any of the other Eezi-Awn line, you can see all the details here,

http://www.equipt1.com/companies/T-Top XKLUSIV Tents/category-eezi-awn/357124-t-top-xklusiv-tents

or feel free to contact me directly.

Cheers,

overlander

Expedition Leader
Paul, how about an update on this ladder availability? Alternatively, is the ladder structure the same as the old, to where this extension can be retrofitted into the older ladder?

Equipt

We have a container loading in Jo'burg at the end of this week. I will contact Eezi-Awn and see if we can get a few of the XKLUSIV ladder added to the list. I'll also ask about a retrofit kit for existing ladders. I know they use the same extrusions, but they might not offer it separately.

Stay tuned.

overlander

Expedition Leader
perfect thanks. This last weekend I had a late night at military training and wanted to flip the tent open to catch some zzz's. Then I realized I left my extension at home. flipping off the back of a 110, there's really no options without the extension.

Equipt

I spoke with Jess at Eezi-Awn this morning. We discussed the XKLUSIV ladder extension. He said that the extension is not set up for retrofitting to an existing ladder. It requires removal of one rung in the ladder and some very specific drilling in a special jig. So that option is not going to happen. But what we are going to do is add a few of the lower portions of this ladder in the container. It would be a direct replacement for the lower half of the ladder you have on the tent. An easy swap requiring the removal of a couple rivets. Pretty painless. Pricing is not yet determined. I will let you know when I get the invoice. Stay tuned.

Cheers,

Equipt

Alrighty. I will let you know. We could do the sheet and cover now if you want. What size tent do you have, and I will check stock.

Equipt

I just added a 1400 TT cover to our container order for you. We will let you know.

Cheers,

Equipt

This container is Eezi-Awn, National Luna, and Serengeti Luxury tents. The flat pack bowl sets are already here and available.

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles