Scepter water can pump?

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Hi,

Who here has added a pump spout to a Scepter water can? Trying to save some time before I start searching for a manual pump that can be made to fit.

Extra credit for pics :elkgrin:

Pete

lowenbrau

Explorer
You've seen this, right?

L1020968%20(Small).JPG

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Yup - found that one via Google after posting. What I'm looking for, but waiting to see if anyone has other creative solutions.

rjcj-8

Adventurer
I really like that idea.
I've got a second cap to do that mod with but have not been able to justify the $80 for the pump.

I've considered using a dc powered bilge pump like you can pick up for boats at Walmart.
0002269746067_100X100.jpg

mudbutt

Explorer
Ahhh! Trae beat me to it .....

I have had one of these for about 10 years now. Works great. I just saw them online for >10 bux....

Instead of trying to lift the water mechanically, it injects air into the container to push the water out from the bottom.

And each time you pump it, it puts out about half a glass of water.

It's called a Dolphin Manual Drinking Water Pump.

trae

Adventurer
mudbutt, are you using it on a scepter water can? or the standard 5 gallon water bottle?

Ahhh! Trae beat me to it .....

I have had one of these for about 10 years now. Works great. I just saw them online for >10 bux....

Instead of trying to lift the water mechanically, it injects air into the container to push the water out from the bottom.

And each time you pump it, it puts out about half a glass of water.

It's called a Dolphin Manual Drinking Water Pump.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Water can pump

I installed the spout from an Igloo water cooler to my water can. Gravity feed. Sorry I can't find a picture. It cost less than 10.00.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles