Nice folding charcoal starting chimney

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
thanks for the alert on the folding chimney I have been wanting one of those forever to save space on the camping trips..
just ordered it
now if only I could get that german grill

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
Got mine yesterday and today I put it to use- works flawlessly- just like the round one- the grate locks firmly at the bottom and the wooden handle keeps the heat to bur your hand.
I was surprise to the better when I discover how quality of a product it was and the metal is stainless steel heavy gauge and really looks pretty- almost did not wan to use it and get it dirty..best of all it's made in the USA!!!
I strongly recommend it !

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the heads up and the feedback on this product. I've been looking for something that would pack more efficiently than the traditional round models. Just ordered one of these today.

1leglance

I just got an email today that mine is shipping...looking forward to testing it out soon

1leglance

I gotta say I love this thing..
I folds really flat, about as flat as I could expect it to go...less than 1.5 in think I would guess.
Very well made and sturdy, very impressive.
And best of all the square shape combined with our grill basket means we can cook/grill things while we wait for the charcoal to get ready for dutch oven desserts :)
ozwagon-47.jpg

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
We used ours for the first time on our trip to Coyote Flats a couple weekends ago. This device is very well made, it works well, and has the obvious advantage of compact packing. A great product all the way around.

Oldmanxj

Price increase

From a e-mail from A Happy Camper,

Now for the bad news..I just got off the phone today with the people that
make the Flatfire Charcoal Starters and the price will be going up. They
were not sure but they are thinking anywhere between $10.00 and $ 20.00,
because the price on Stainless Steel has almost doubled this year. If you
are wanting one now is the time to get them for $39.99.
http://www.ahappycamper.com/products/bbq/sand-bar/index.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior