Nice folding charcoal starting chimney

OverlandGourmet

I got a chance to play with one this weekend and we put Lance's to the test while cooking up all the carne asada for everyone at the Rendezvous. It is quite a chimney - very stout and does an excellent job! It is a little on the heavy side (just because we have a vehicle doesn't mean we need to maximize our payload) and would be greatly improved if it could fold up one more time with the addition of a double hinge or another technique. However, with that being said ... hard to beat for the money and even with the new upcoming price increase it's still very much worth it.

Honu

lost on the mainland
snow peak torch or chimney ? anyone use both and think one is better than the other ?

img_5087.jpg

when I had the cobb or is it cob ? grill this was how I did it ;)

but want to get some Snow Peak stuff and the BBQ is on the list so want a better way to light it :)

Honu

lost on the mainland
thanks :) just saw the desert get together pics and saw the torch with sparks ;) heheh then came here again
hmmmm maybe both :)

you still making those grill inserts for the snow peak ? or was that a short run ? dont my stuff yet just getting my wish list together ;)

OverlandGourmet

I use the torch EVERY time I camp. If not to light the grill, then to light the campfire. It's a hard item to beat with respect to how useful a tool it is compared to how much space it takes up. I've been lighting coals with one for years now I don't know what I'd do without it.

Honu

lost on the mainland
got a snow peak torch on sale today for $29 at sportsman's warehouse :)
had to fire it up wife was like why do boys like these kinda things :) and told me to put it out hehehehehe

but figured good price they also had the medium folding fire pit for $99 :)

only the torches and fire pit were on sale the other stuff they had was normal price

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I don't own the Snow Peak torch but have used one. The Iwatani probably doesn't put out 14,000btus per SP's rating but it does put out some serious flame. Plus you can throttle the flame/output back for caramelizing the sugar atop your Creme Brulee :coffeedrink:

I've used it to roast a few peppers at a time too. I hate firing the 75,000btu barbie up to roast 2-3 peppers...

And the Iwatani doesn't care if its upside down. And the best part: The fuel cans can be had as little as $1.50!

Honu

lost on the mainland
more of a meat guy if some peppers are mixed in I sometimes eat them the wife loves stuff like that :)
I am the island boy MEAT FISH and 2 scoops rice :) those are my fav things and pizza Pep and pineapple

recent espresso drink is fresh coconut milk I make myself :) and a triple shot about 1:1 or 1:2 ratio Espresso:coconut milk

keithtaber

Looks like the price has increased yet again. Regular price is $70. On sale for $55. The carrying bag is an additional $10.

Nevertheless it looks like a nice grill. Folds flat and does not take up too much space.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz