Sand Bar Flat Fire Folding Charcoal Starter

Reg. $69.95
SALE
$59.99
Sorry Sold Out & Discontinued by MFG.

Model No: FFCC

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I've got the FoldFlat charcoal starter. Really like the thing, well made and easy to pack in my firepan with other DO tools.

Got mine at Austin Canoe and Kayak. Good folks....great service.

Scoutman

Explorer
Been looking for something like this but as was mentioned a few post up it's been discontinued. Any other good alternatives in a similar price range?

Scoutman

Explorer
I saw that one but some review I read said that the handle melted.

There's also this one which is all stainless. The handles are metal but I carry welding gloves for DO cooking anyway.

Scoutman

Explorer
So I ended up picking up one of these a few months back. I wasn't sure if the price was going to be worth it but after a number of uses I'm pretty happy with it. It folds up super flat and stores nicely in a canvas bag to keep ash from getting on your other gear. It's all stainless steel and very sturdy. The handles fold out and the wire floor folds down and locks into place keeping it's shape. It has access holes to ignite the papers below and a hole for a torch if that's how you light up. Bonus is that it fits in my kit perfectly and should last for a long time.

IMG_20160511_065213141 (Large).jpg IMG_20160511_065303708 (Large).jpg IMG_20160511_065417830 (Large).jpg IMG_20160511_065400956 (Large).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior