Cot warmth

Jman

All these cots are very nice but they all seem to have the same limitation. They are solo sleeping devices. My wife is a snuggler, she can't be more than a couple inches away at any point through the night. Any functional 2 person cot solutions (or alternatives) out there? I am past the point where sleeping on the ground is an option.

Thanks.

Photog

Explorer
All these cots are very nice but they all seem to have the same limitation. They are solo sleeping devices. My wife is a snuggler, she can't be more than a couple inches away at any point through the night. Any functional 2 person cot solutions (or alternatives) out there? I am past the point where sleeping on the ground is an option.

Thanks.

Kamp-Rite makes a double wide Tent-cot and a double wide regular cot.

DSCN8412.jpg

Bennyhana

Adventurer
The Cabela's XL cot is about as big as a twin size bed. My wife and I slept together on one when we bought a new tent and realized we couldn't fit our two cots and the kids' cots inside.
Here's my solo camping set up.
IMG_0872.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
I keep wondering about making my own king size cot :)
aluminum box frame put long bars into end corner units have a sail maker make a tramp bed cover and have a tightening system ?

when I worked on boats I spent many nights on the front of a catamaran sleeping inside the sail bags resting on the front tramps :) quite comfy

dumprat

Adventurer
I am 6' and 220lbs I use a cabelas cot, the straight legged model. I cant remember what it is called. Two things I found. I use a thin self inflating pad,about 1". Any thicker than that and my hips get sore from not enough support. I also put a folded wool blanket under my sleeping bag in cold conditions -20c. It absorbs the moisture and is quick to dry in the morning. You must remember to flip the bag open and over once you crawl out of it. It allows it allows the bag to dry. Works great.

valentinetti0

Cabela's XL cot, very comfy. Downside...it's frickin huge. In a pinch, two people can sleep on one of the XL cots. I use a polyester blanket or extra sleeping bag as a pad. In the colder weather we have a Mr. Buddy heater...

orionkhan

Adventurer
Cabela's XL cot, very comfy. Downside...it's frickin huge. In a pinch, two people can sleep on one of the XL cots. I use a polyester blanket or extra sleeping bag as a pad. In the colder weather we have a Mr. Buddy heater...

I second that. I have the Bass Pro XL cot (I think the same as the Cabela). It's big. Also have 4 regular size for the wife and kids. Use them in our embarrassingly large condo sized family tent. Was up at Big Bear Memorial day weekend and got a dusting of snow Friday night. The Mr. Buddy worked for us. I didn't use a pad under my sleeping bag. But I'm usually way to warm in the bag.

brentbba

Explorer
Been there done that on most of what's been tried in this thread too after getting just too darned old to sleep in the back of my truck. I can't say enough good things about the 3.5" REI sleeping pad. I started with just a straight Slumberjack XL cot. Began using a simple Thermarest pad for insulation and was better than just the cot. Thought I might like the 'extra padding' of a blow up mattress and tried both a twin and queen with and without a thermarest under me for insulation. Old knees didn't like basically being back on the ground and it was much colder than the cot w/thermarest having all that air underneath. Found the REI 3.5" pad and am back on the cot and very warm and comfy for tent camping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles